Carwow gobsmacker

Yep my thoughts exactly, I've been trying to ring her all week and just got an email from her that had nothing to do with the discount but to tell me my car would be here before Christmas maybe... I would prefer to wait until jan anyway so it's 2015 registered.

What's ****** me off is she hasn't said anything about Saturday nor the fact had any signs of trying to ring me on the day she said she would.

I've told her if there's no discount I'm cancelling, even if I lose my deposit I can save at Coventry Audi.

It's up to them.

Would waiting till January make it 2015 registered? Wouldnt you have to wait till March for 2015 reg?
It would be 2015 registered but it will get the new 15 number until March. Be 2015 can make a slight difference to the re-sale value

Yep my thoughts exactly, I've been trying to ring her all week and just got an email from her that had nothing to do with the discount but to tell me my car would be here before Christmas maybe... I would prefer to wait until jan anyway so it's 2015 registered.

What's ****** me off is she hasn't said anything about Saturday nor the fact had any signs of trying to ring me on the day she said she would.

I've told her if there's no discount I'm cancelling, even if I lose my deposit I can save at Coventry Audi.

It's up to them.
do it mate

Theres no point getting angry at the dealer. Its just good business. By all means cancel your order, chase for a discount, but dont expect anything back. Its really, and fairly, at their discretion.

Chalk it down to experience and put it behind you. You can't have your cake and eat it.

Theres no point getting angry at the dealer. Its just good business. By all means cancel your order, chase for a discount, but dont expect anything back. Its really, and fairly, at their discretion.

Chalk it down to experience and put it behind you. You can't have your cake and eat it.
Someone mention cake ... :eyebrows:

If your in a position where you can wait then do it. You'll have a '15 plate car and every time you looked at it didn't get ripped off.

Just to let you all know I got offered 1k off the price as a "good will gesture" which I gladly accepted, very relieved and it's made me super excited now as my car is on the ship, and she says it has a high possibility of being here before Christmas.

... and that leads me on to another question...

Reactions: Rob2k68 and OliJ
As I mentioned in your other topic, wait until January, as when the time comes to sell or trade in it will be a 2015 car as opposed to a 2014 car. The difference will be significant for less than a two week wait. Trust me no one cares if it was registered in September or December but the year change is worth waiting for.

Reactions: J4MMYz
I think thats more than fair. Well done! :D

Now just remember to negotiate harder in future, cars, houses etc ;)

Reactions: David83S1
Well done on the discount, I didn't think you would get anything off!

You've done well. They didn't have to do that!

Now make sure next time you are looking for a new car, you use the likes of Carwow etc.

:icon thumright: