can audi s3 bumpers fit an a3

jigenoza

Reaction score
I want to make my audi a3 look like an s3 is it possibe to put s3 front and back bumpers on an a3? I have been told it might not fit on because the arches on the s3 are different. Does anyone know the answer to this question

The rear bumper is no problem at all , i have it on mine. The front is possible but wont nomally sit correctly due to the larger difference in width.

This has been discussed and done before as excellently demonstrated by Jimbo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

The rear is a straight swap as long as you retain the standard A3 guides. For the front you can simply colour code the lower bumper which will give you a look very similar if not identical to an S3.

15.jpg

For the S3 look up front, you can just have the lower portion of your front grill color-coded a`la CaTFish's (or Leddy's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif) Denim A3 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Damn dude, beat me by a minute /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Remember that Jimbo's car is a quattro so the exhaust is in the correct place for the rear bumper.

If you are fitting the S3 bumper to a 2WD a3 then you will need some exhaust tips welded to your back box to fill the S3's bumper exhaust cutout.

[ QUOTE ]
HTC said:
Remember that Jimbo's car is a quattro so the exhaust is in the correct place for the rear bumper.

If you are fitting the S3 bumper to a 2WD a3 then you will need some exhaust tips welded to your back box to fill the S3's bumper exhaust cutout.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great spot HTC! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Hadn't noticed that, was going to go for an S3 rear bumper on mine as they are readily available at sensible money. But due to the cut out I would of really had to "Miltek it" at the same time with custom tips to meet the gap. Still think this is the way to go as I really can't see a hacked A3 bumper looking any good. (for the Golf they fit a 4Motion bumper with a convenient cut out - no such option for us A3 pilots /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif)

The alternative is dropping the tips underneath the bumper as, if I'm not mistaken, Rich has done. Though I would prefer the "through the bumper look". anyone got any suggestions I may not of thought about? Before anyone says it, I know you can get the Q version with the turned down tips like the OE back box, but this doesn't appeal, if I'm not getting any power gains, then I'm at least gonna want it to look better /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif

i'll show you pics of my car when its back from some needed repairs!! I've basically had the front bumper, rear bumper, front arches, rear arch's fibre glassed, side skirts and not forgetting a custom made exhaust done!!

So belive me it is possible!!

One of these days I'll get off my lazy *** and post pics of my S3 exhaust that I've mounted on my TQ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif I had Oettinger do the cutout and it doesn't look bad at all (IMO) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Forgot to add i've added the s3 sills and s3 steering wheel as well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Er, can i just mention that when i talked of putting rims/bodykit on my car, i got bombarded with people asking me why i'm trying to make my car look faster then it is, yet this guy is openly just saying 'i want to make it look like an S3' and everyones really helpful! funny that!

[ QUOTE ]
pimpmyaudi said:
Er, can i just mention that when i talked of putting rims/bodykit on my car, i got bombarded with people asking me why i'm trying to make my car look faster then it is, yet this guy is openly just saying 'i want to make it look like an S3' and everyones really helpful! funny that!

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus - dont be so touchy ! You were talking about spinners and various other gash items of tat, best left to chavs in novas etc. No wonder people were quick to GIVE YOU THIER OPINIONS , THATS WHY YOU JOINED A FORUM ! Shhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesshhhhhhhhhh!

[ QUOTE ]
jimboA3 said:
[ QUOTE ]
pimpmyaudi said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus - dont be so touchy ! You were talking about spinners and various other gash items of tat, best left to chavs in novas etc. No wonder people were quick to GIVE YOU THIER OPINIONS , THATS WHY YOU JOINED A FORUM ! Shhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesshhhhhhhhhh!

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

No, just spinners jim, can't remember any other bits of 'tat' and anyway that was when i first joined, long since then i decided against spinners and havent mentioned them. On the thread i'm talking about, i was just saying about putting on some bigger rims, lowering a bit, maybe a few skirts, and next thing everyones accussing me of trying to make a bottom range model look like a top of the range model, trying to make it look like a S3, tryin to make it look faster the it is etc etc. And also people were taking the [censored] saying thats what BMW drivers do, try and make their 318i look like a M3.

PS to whoever started this thread, don't get the wrong idea, i don't see anything wrong with making it look like an S3 at all. I would quite happily do it myself, its not me that had a problem with it, its other people on this forum.

Also i think the kit that rich had once, can't remember what is was called now tho (im sure rich will help out, started with 'E' i think?) looked better then the S3 bumpers, i would check them out first.

Thought so /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif i'm gonna be nice to the mods from now on....

[ QUOTE ]
pimpmyaudi said:

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

It's an attitude thing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Think theres an S3 rear bumper on Ebay at the moment, seen it yesterday. Thought it might be of use to someone.

Cheers
Chris.

Hey seen my side skirts at the body shop and they look the hot!!

The S3 side skirts did fit but it took alot of doing!! It only needs a twin exhaust doing and the side skirts spraying to be done with this months mod work

But trust me it looks bang on like an s3!!!

So guys my cars been "pimped!!!!!"

The car was in a massive smash just days after i bought it (6 days). To cut the long story short my sister was driving and was using it for business use instead of bog standard "social domestic and pleasure" use.

They turned round and said they were not going to fork out for the car as she wasn't fully insured. As you can imagine I was [censored] beyond belief!!!

But basically they didn't pay out. I then managed to meet a guy who breaks mid performance and prestige vehicles for spares and who had a black rear smash s3 breaking. Turns out he wasn't clued up in terms of the true value of the parts i needed, not to mention the parts were in the colour i wanted as well!!. I managed to get the car sorted out for a respectable amount. After much haggling i got all my panels, rad, inner wing, airbags and firng module, wheels etc for £800ish and Paid £800ish in labour.

Plus its started up a very lucrative business i've got going and gained alot of contacts : ). So in a way it was a blessing in disguise

So sorry didnt really think about taking pic's has other things on my mind /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif at the time