Can anyone help please? ECU query?

dsp321

Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Can anyone help please? ECU query?

Hi new to the forum and new to audi ownership :) I have a mk3 ibiza cupra running garret gt2860rs and revo stage 3 file, engine code is AYP but have just bought a 1999 AUDI S3 with the APY engine well happy with the car.Im In the process of having the gt2860 etc took off the AYP ibiza block and put on to the APY block in the audi.My question is will the AYP ibiza stg3 ecu work in the audi? or am i going to have to have the file flashed to the new ecu? any advice apprecated Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
no it wont work

the flash in ibiza makes some pins specific a different input/output so you will have different wring in the s3 to ibiza and things like throttle for example wont work

get your car custom mapped - revo3 is generic and custom mapped will match the hardware to the software so you can have n75 boost control etc

Reactions: dsp321
Do you know anybody who can do that Bill?

:beerchug:

Reactions: dsp321
Thanks alot Bill.that was the answer i was so hoping not to here though lol but i know it will be the 100% correct 1 coming from you :) oh well time for the pockets to become that bit more lighter then.

Bill beat me to it, but iirc audi wiring differes from seat/vw, where sometimes seat and vw will interchange!

depends on the generation of ecu and software for the same ecu hardware as to what pins are designated for certain functions.
ibiza is a mutant in respect to be in between models vs other vag brands... dbw but narrowband.. its closest cousin is very early tt...