Bye Bye A4

ukmayhem

Reaction score
Website
www.cruisebicester.co.uk
The Audi has gone, After a year of owner her i just got abit bored and wanted to go back down the old school route. Cant complain no major problems with her even with 141k on the the clock

mya4.JPG

but ive now moved on and in its place i now have........

A Mint Courtenay Built Vauxhall Cavalier GSi 2000 16v

Specs

Courtenay Built engine with forged pistons
Chipped
Bigger Throttle Body
Courtenay Power Cap
Full Stainless Piper System ( Except Manifold )
Courtenay Pannel Filter
Fully Spax Adjustables
17" Alloys

180bhp
0-60 = 7sec
Top Speed = 150mph

Pics

DSC00907.jpg

DSC00901.jpg

DSC00910.jpg

DSC00912.jpg

DSC00914.jpg

DSC00917.jpg

DSC00918.jpg

****** Love It!!

Matt

Not my cup of tea but nice all the same.

Get the discs changed for bigger ones though, they look tiny behind those wheels.

Cool ! Cav just need original wheels and original (or turbo) back lights and rebadging, for old skool cool !

Sorry, but I'm very confused.

Each to their own and all that, but I cannot equate replacing a very subtle quality motor (that can be modded to 180bhp pretty easily) with a brash, average quality chav magnet...

I do admit that the engine bay looks very nice, but why not do similar to what you already had?:shrug:

No it is Opel Made but still classed as a Vauxhall by DVLA as its a UK car. I want new rear GSi2000 and Vauxhall Badges as mine are real faded.

Chavs have replicas not the real deal. Theres only 937 left and dropping fast so the value will only start to go up. The A4 are just commen mine was 170bhp and this Cav ate it for breakfast even with the Audi chiped i dont think there would be anything in it. my mates Golf 1.8T is 193bhp at the wheels and cant pull from me then i take him top end. There reliable engines and its only done 60k and there easy to work on not like Audi's. Im not disputing the Audi was a great strong car but you cant beat a good old Red Top. Like when i had the Cosworth a GSi is a car i always wanted when i was growing up and now i have a minter, i well chuffed.

goodluck with your vaux not too keen with white, also speed isnt everything

Very much a Q car.

I too would try and source some standard wheels.

I'm not a badge snob, i've had a Porsche, Merc, Audis, i like what i like and i think that looks sweet. :thumbsup:

Apologies, I guess I am a badge snob these days. :tapedshut:

I'm glad you are happy with the motor - enjoy! (after all, that's what it's all about.) :racer:

Ah cool, I had one of them for 21 days a few years ago! (What haven't I had) Was a 4WD one, I was skint, swapped it for an RS Turbo (idiot - it was 204bhp and clean as a whistle)
It turned out to be a bit of a lemon that one, oil leaks, badly worn tyres and dodgy noises from the diff and bubbling rear arches, so I outed it. But not after caning a Saxo chav and loving roundabouts @ 70 in the wet! He He. And I made a killing on it.
Enjoy it, they are a pukka engine, I had 2 Mk2 GTE's and a Calibra along the way, love the Red Top also, ca'nt beat the way they rev out!
But I must say, it has to be German or Swedish built for me these days. Each to their own.

Lovely GSi dude, but it won't do 150mph ;)

I've had many red top lumps in many different Vauxhalls in many different states of tune, and have dealt with Courtenay many times and used their products BTW.

Even if you had a thousand horsepower, you'd still be sitting on the limiter at about 141mph with the F20 gearbox.

Oh, and the clocks are notorious for over-reading by 10% or more.

I'm pretty sure I know that car off VXON though :)

Very Nice, the colour will be a git to keep clean, but I would replace the rear lights with the Cav Turbo ones.

Why did you not go for the turbo or even the Calbria Turbo, these version also cam with the 6 speed as standard. I had the GSi for just over a yr and replaced it with the Cav 4x4 Turbo which I had for 4 years and had Courtenay do a few minor things.

I think these are great cars and I think better fun compared to my Audi, but the up keep was getting high. These cars even came with sunroofs as standard which I miss not having on the Audi.

But the build quality, the ride is no match on an Audi, very thing on the Audi is just more solid and is much better built.

- it's a nice car, good to see the life is still in the Cav GSi/Turbo.

just some info for you :

obviously Courtneys website which I am sure you already have
http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

One of the forums I used:
http://cavweb-forums.co.uk/

Some info on the C20LET engine, I know this is for the Turbo but may help abit:
http://www.max-boost.co.uk/max-boost/

Others I used, but, just checks and seem to have shut down:
http://www.cav-turbo.co.uk/
http://www.turbovaux.co.uk/

wish you good luck with the GSi...

Well the gearbox must be different as it was clocked at 152.8mph at Brunters is May 2006 when my mate owned it.

Yeah i put it on VXON when i registered great site friendly people.

I chose the Cav as it was my mates for over a year then his mates before that so we know the car inside out and how much work has been done to it and i basically fell in love with it, but my mate would never sell it, but good me me his family is growing so no longer practicle :)

ukmayhem said:
Well the gearbox must be different as it was clocked at 152.8mph at Brunters is May 2006 when my mate owned it.

Duff clocks and timing gear I'm afraid chap :( Do I know your mate from VXON? (where I usually live ;)).

I had a Cavalier Turbo aswell, and even THEY don't generally crack 150 in standard form (booked at 149mph), and they have the F28 6 speed box and 200+ bhp and torque.

Mine..

CavalierTurbo1.jpg

I've owned modded GSi's too, aswell as this V-Tuning built SRi 16v (including SBD manifold and EDS Motorsport chip amongst many things,............and THAT didn't do 150 even in hatch form).............

IMG_0606.jpg

IMG_0608.jpg

Dan

Same colour as my 4x4 I had, nice

Just had a look around to see if my 4x4 was still being looked after, but couldn't find it

EnzoS4 said:
Dan

Same colour as my 4x4 I had, nice

Just had a look around to see if my 4x4 was still being looked after, but couldn't find it

Smoke Grey :beerchug:

Very similar to Mistral Grey as with the Astra....

pvs11.jpg

very clean, obviously done a few things to it

EnzoS4 said:
very clean, obviously done a few things to it

Aye, though sadly I had to sell it 5 weeks ago towards funding a house extension :sorry:

pvs22.jpg

IMG_1505.jpg

IMG_1600.jpg

RRGraph.jpg

pvs8.jpg

Looks like someone's just stuck a left hander on that ginger bird!!!

smitch said:
Looks like someone's just stuck a left hander on that ginger bird!!!

That's a ghost I think.

She looks photo-shopped LOL!!!

Well, she does look quite scary.

Definitely a ten pinter.....

it may have been someone tell her to get out of the bl*** way..

what the ??? are you racing agaist, its like a Vectra with the back hood cut off...? and did you bet it.