Buncefield oil depot photos

Yeah they are some pretty awesome shots....

They said on the news the other morning that a tanker driver "might" have pressed his emergency stop button cos he could smell fumes....

I would think the designer of such button is kinda worried at the moment!!!

[ QUOTE ]
quality pics mate.....where did you get them?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just got sent to me, some of these where in the papers.

Jesus...I didn't know you had a hidden camera in my kitchen TD...The second one down on your first lot of photos look like my wifes cooker after she's made the T...

Found a satellite image that shows the extent of the smoke:

2005-12-13T043857Z_01_SIN40_RTRIDSP_2_BRITAIN-EXPLOSION_articleimage.jpg

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/pictures/SIN40.htm

I feel for that trucker. I read an article that everytime he flips the lightswitch it brings back awful flashbacks of the blast. The guy's in serious trauma.

so they blame a guy for eing cautious? then this so called 'saftey cut off button' caused that lot? i'd be serioulsy pointing fingers at bosses and the HSE etc. as to why this 'saftey system' caused such a c0ck up

One very upsetting piece of news......

I heard there's a gippo encampment right next to the site.................... that sadly remained 'untouched'!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
so they blame a guy for eing cautious? then this so called 'saftey cut off button' caused that lot? i'd be serioulsy pointing fingers at bosses and the HSE etc. as to why this 'saftey system' caused such a c0ck up

[/ QUOTE ]

The trucker said he could smell petrol fumes (believed to be from the site) and shortly after he flipped the cut off switch there was an explosion. Ever since then he felt that he was somehow connected with the blast. But police are still investigating.

[ QUOTE ]

I heard there's a gippo encampment right next to the site.................... that sadly remained 'untouched'!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, i was wondering what had happened there.

I suppose they could help with block paving Buncefield of course.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or tarmac-ing it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or tarmac-ing it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Or knicking all the scrap metal from the fuel holders. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif