1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Broken tray door part, No idea how to replace or what its called?? HELP Pleeease!

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Andydos, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Andydos

Andydos New Member

[Jan 6, 2012]
    Hi All,

I have a 2001 1.8T. A while ago the tray between the ashtray and the head unit broke. It is the one that has a type of up and over door that clicks open when pushed. Its held on by 3 clips but these have snapped. The problem I have is that I don't know what it is called. I have tried endless google searches using words such as coin tray, tray, coin box but all I can find are replacement ashtrays which is not what I need. Can anyone help with this? My last resort is speaking to the stealer about this and I'd assume I would be looking at £100 + to buy the whole tray from them. This I'd rather not do! Any help or advice would be great, Thanks!

Andrew :uhm:
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 18, 2014]

3. jcs356

jcs356 Brum brum

[Jan 6, 2012]
    When mine broke I found one on eBay - just did a search for breaking S3. Find someone breaking an A3 and ask them if they have the bit you're after.

Just had a quick look in the dealer repair manual and they refer to it as the 'Storage compartment in dash panel centre section'. If you don't have the manual you can get a copy from within this thread.
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-forum-8l-chassis/110856-audi-a3-s3-workshop-manuals.html
    Removal info is on page 68-25
  4. Andydos

Andydos New Member

[Jan 6, 2012]
    Thanks very much, I will try that. I have a manual for the A3 and it lists all the storage compartments apart from that one! Thanks again.