Brakes - first thing in morning

RGS3

Reaction score
Hi all, nothing to do with my previous post about getting new EBC's (& Red Stuff) as this also happened with my stock brakes beforehand...

Each morning I reverse out of my drive (on a slight incline) - so I've got my clutch in and touching brakes not to hit the stupidly parked Mondeo across the road. As I roll out I get less and less brake pressure to the point of getting hold of the handbrake (just in case). Is this normal ? Is it because I'm on the clutch after the car has been standing for so long so there's no pressure going in ? Just in case I do hit him I want to know its him parked in a stupid place and not a problem with my brakes - I'd like to explain that brakes dont work first thing in the morning if I do even hit him :cool:

I aint damaging my Audi on a Ford !

Cheers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

No, not normal!

When was the last time your brake fluid was changed? Audi say it should be done every 2 years and they don't always volunteer to do it at a service.

If the fluid's been changed recently you might have a leak somewhere - master cylinder is a prime candidate.

Clutch shouldn't have any bearing - different systems entirely.

I'd get it checked if I were you! Brakes are important!!

[ QUOTE ]
The clutch mechanism shares the same fluid as the brakes, so there may be a link.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do the brakes and clutch share the same reservoir?