1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

brake shield mod

imported_kris_tdi Dec 19, 2005

1. just did the front brake shield mod, and i can confirm the 312mm discs fit with no mods

2. kipps

kipps New Member

Can I ask what mod you are reffering to ?
    Just wondering why you felt the need to upgrade the disc size as well ? Having taken my 2.5 Tdi Quatrro on track last weekend - The brakes where the only thing that performed well on track.

3. i did the 312mm brake upgrade months ago. i added the weather shields which prevent the **** braking in the wet ( as on audiworld tech section) some people questioned wether it would fit with the 312mm discs and it does.

i upgraded the disc size becasue the 288mm ones were quite frankly rubbish stopping from high speeds on the motorway.

4. PaulJC84

PaulJC84 Owner

Did you buy the brake shields? Or are they standard?

I did the 312mm upgrade a while ago and can't remember if my car had them and its too clod to run out and have a peek just now.

5. I got them from the stealer, they were really cheap actually (about £10 from memory). When we had a look on there computer they werent listed as fitted to any model, only the tiny shield they put on standard which i can't see does anything but they have the same part number.

6. kipps

kipps New Member

If you thought the 288mm discs were **** from high speeds I would hazard a guess there was a fault with your brakes somewhere ( Discs / pads / fluid ) As the ones on my car are fierce at high or low speeds

7. Charlies604

Charlies604 Member

they take some warming up, then they seeem to become a lot more fierce!
    Not great to start with tho.

8. [ QUOTE ]
    If you thought the 288mm discs were **** from high speeds I would hazard a guess there was a fault with your brakes somewhere ( Discs / pads / fluid ) As the ones on my car are fierce at high or low speeds

[/ QUOTE ]

well they weren't ****, just fade far to easily.
    try slamming the brakes on full from 80mph and then tell me that they dont fade!!!!
    the 312mm ones last a lot longer before they fade.

9. oh, and when i did the 312mm upgrade i only changed the discs as i had put new pads on 3 weeks earlier. so was only the discs which changed

10. kipps

kipps New Member

Brake fade is down to pads / fluid - Not discs