Facelift Brake Loss - a change of underpants moment.....

At least they put their hands up to it straight away (mind you, if they did argue, I had the condition survey in my pocket made by the tow truck when they took it in!).

Livid? I am just ******* sick of it and sick of Audi.

Last edited by a moderator:
At least they put their hands up to it straight away (mind you, if they did argue, I had the condition survey in my pocket made by the tow truck when they took it in!).

Livid? I am just ******* sick of it and sick of Audi.
Looks a nasty one, too. Problem is that after a respray it's never the same. Have you considered telling them to keep the car?

That would have done it for me bud. Like it or not, the car would not be coming home with me!

I can't believe this is actually happening to you mate, it just isn't real..

What dealership is it please bud just so I know where not to go!?

Gutted for you.. :wtf:

They were 23 hours off a rejection for the delay in replacing the servo after I had formally served notice.

I just don't know what I am going to do tomorrow - at the moment I am just fed up with the whole thing.

That would have done it for me bud. Like it or not, the car would not be coming home with me!

I can't believe this is actually happening to you mate, it just isn't real..

What dealership is it please bud just so I know where not to go!?

Gutted for you.. :wtf:

Watford.

Reactions: E15
They we 23 hours off a rejection for the delay in replacing the servo after I had formally served notice.

I just don't know what I am going to do tomorrow - at the moment I am just fed up with the whole thing.
Tell them to stick it, I know I would. ****, I'm ****** off with rusty hubs ***!

So, so wrong.

I’m astounded. I’m pleased the brakes may have been fixed obviously and that they changed the exhaust . They haven’t for some. But the dent ? What explanation was given for that ? I can’t believe they let you take it like that? Have I missed something ?

They did say I could keep the loaner but I was reluctant to leave it there any longer - Christ knows what else would happen to it. Need to see what they come up with and then take a view.....

I am just so f*cked off with it all now. Car registered 11 December and already been at the dealer for 25 days with a load more to come by the look of it. If I wanted a 1.8 oil burner TT I would have f*cking well bought one and saved £25k ***.

I’m lost for words with that damage, total carelessness! Was that in the hands of an employee or a customer? Horrific!

Surprised on your comments on the exhaust, mine changing between modes is absolutely clear as day and seems a lot louder.

Devastated for you. Reject it, don’t have it repaired... but order another.

Reactions: E15
Feel for you mate . They are properly rubbish . Ball is in your court now , I’d take a few days to think about your next move. If it was me I’m not sure even after a couple of sleeps and a few beers I’d be comfortable accepting it.

Reactions: AudiNutta
It was done by an employee.

I am trying the 'a few beers' option at the moment and it is not really helping. Need to up the dose.........

Reactions: AudiNutta and TYb
What a bunch of *****
No amount of alcohol could console me

Reactions: AudiNutta and E15
It was done by an employee.

I am trying the 'a few beers' option at the moment and it is not really helping. Need to up the dose.........
You'd hope that the employee would be devastated about it. Not sure how you even manage to do that with all the parking sensors and reversing cameras on the car.

Then you are not trying hard enough.......

I have to say, I am beginning to see the funny side - after the thermonuclear exchanges I have has with Audi UK over the weekend they have clearly leaned on the dealer to work all hours to sort the thing out which they did - 1 -2 days early. The service advisor was well chuffed it seemed - until I pulled him back to look at the exhaust.

Crestfallen would be a good word.

Then we made our way back to the front of the car and I noticed the dent with a 'what the **** is that?'.

It then seemed like the skies fell in on the poor lad.

Reactions: D0C and AudiNutta
You'd hope that the employee would be devastated about it. Not sure how you even manage to do that with all the parking sensors and reversing cameras on the car.
I can't imagine they give a **** - if they did, it wouldn't have happened in the first place.

If I stick with the car I think I am going to have to abandon the main dealer and go back to my local Audi indie which are streets ahead of the dealer network.

Reactions: DW81 and Callum66
Reject and tell them to order another! Simple

Yours has problems and now dented no matter how small it will never be right

Reject and ask for a couple of extra options thrown in or an exclusive colour

Then you are not trying hard enough.......

I have to say, I am beginning to see the funny side - after the thermonuclear exchanges I have has with Audi UK over the weekend they have clearly leaned on the dealer to work all hours to sort the thing out which they did - 1 -2 days early. The service advisor was well chuffed it seemed - until I pulled him back to look at the exhaust.

Crestfallen would be a good word.

Then we made our way back to the front of the car and I noticed the dent with a 'what the f*ck is that?'.

It then seemed like the skies fell in on the poor lad.

Didn’t he know about the damage? Was it done while they were driving it or moving another car? It’s bad, looking at the panel gap to the bumper the wing looks twisted and that warrants a new wing I’d say. But then you have paint and a blow in to the door, cars are never the same after paint!

Its a new wing all day long.

Maybe I need to toss it all in my lawyer's lap and see what they reckon. From memory, the Sale of Goods Act says that within 30 days of registration a car can be rejected if it develops a fault then 1 - 6 months the dealer has an opportunity to fix 1 fault and then rejection. I now have 3 faults.........

I think I’d be waving buy to the car mate... if you’re still keen on another RS3, as said, push for more options or a fancy colour

It really is a load of ******** - the real twist is that the car is such a weapon and, as a driver, totally what you want. On the other hand the overall ownership experience is turning into pure purgatory and you just want it to end!

How to square that circle?

Keep the car. Get them to fix the issues.

And get compensation.

I’m surprised the exhaust is showing the paint chipping. But the wing isn’t a big deal.

My S3 had a new front and rear bumper and looked like new. No different. If the breaks are fixed the exhaust and a dent are easy fixes.

Well, I finally picked the car up today and the brakes felt more solid than they ever did before.

The changed the back box while it was in there and (while early days) I found it much quieter - there seems no change between Comfort and Dynamic... Anyway, it is shagged -

View attachment 151292

Also, Audi left me a little present in return for having the car for nearly a month -

View attachment 151293
******* hell you're having no luck at all.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Evil Diesel and AudiNutta
My S3 had a new front and rear bumper and looked like new. No different. If the breaks are fixed the exhaust and a dent are easy fixes.

No offence, but it all depends on what pair of eyes is looking. Most cars that leave the bodyshop are diabolical if you look close enough.

Reactions: E15, Behind The Bins and Evil Diesel
I have asked for a replacement car or a full refund. This needs to be decided tomorrow.

This issue is starting to dominate my life and I have a f*cking business to run.

1 defect in the first 6 months - sort it. 3 defects - replace or refund it. Nuff said.

Mind you, the Stella and Jamisons combo have left me rocking - ready to take on the world!!

Reactions: DW81, E15, Phil3 and 2 others
Keep the car. Get them to fix the issues.

And get compensation.

I’m surprised the exhaust is showing the paint chipping. But the wing isn’t a big deal.

They have had the car for a month to fix the issues - . Don't want compo - the service manager was talking about this - I just want what I purchased. Now.

I am sorry to hear about your experience, I cant believe the experience you have been through. I hope that today is the day they make it right.

Dont you just feel like going around to the service managers house boot his front door in, say sorry it was an accident, then get a half ***** repair done by some travelling 'magic repair' outfit. Then announce good as new and throw in some bull**** compensation which actually costs you nothing and see how he likes it.

Ive been thinking about this today, how dare they treat you and your car with so little respect as they spout their boll**** mission and quality statement from their glass and aluminium showroom. The sooner the after sales department is not run on productivity, and run more on care, the better, this will never happen though, which is the pity.

No I dont want a coffee from your expensive machine while I wait, just fix my ****** car and dont damage it in the process, which by the way you are being paid to do.

Good luck Evil Diesel, youve had none so far

Reactions: AudiNutta, lee_fr200 and Phil3
Got to admit guys, I would've lost the plot over this. Fack me, I sold my RS last week cos the dealer wasn't performing so I'd hate to think how I would react if they had pranged it!!!

Tell them to stick their car and replace it with a better specced model or better still, tell them to fuggoff....

Thanks lads - I have to admit that the whole experience makes my p1ss boil. They even put the thing through the service wash (when I had told them not to) so I noticed the usual hazed finish in today's sunshine.

It is a great car which has been totally let down by the dealer experience. I can't help but feel that they are just waiting for me to run out of steam and go away - unfortunately for them my bladder has gone supercritical and the resulting p1ss steam could power a medium sized city.

Reactions: Terminator x, teslaboy, AudiNutta and 2 others
Thanks lads - I have to admit that the whole experience makes my p1ss boil. They even put the thing through the service wash (when I had told them not to) so I noticed the usual hazed finish in today's sunshine.

It is a great car which has been totally let down by the dealer experience. I can't help but feel that they are just waiting for me to run out of steam and go away - unfortunately for them my bladder has gone supercritical and the resulting p1ss steam could power a medium sized city.
The service wash would be the final straw for me. Reject the car.

Reactions: Phil3, AudiNutta and E15
I’d be done talking the dent would be the final straw tell them you’ve lost complete faith in the car to the point you don’t want to drive it and to order you another with exclusive paint or a couple of options extra

They also have to give you a loan car whilst you wait for yours SO ask them for something equivalent or better till yours arrives or you will be involving the media? My friend did similar with his Audi and wasn’t there another case on here where someone ordered a car and they got the wrong gearbox lol so Audi ordered another and gave them a car to run around in till theirs arrived

The dealership are looking at this strictly on a legal liability basis - ie the Sale of Goods Act.

The Act provides that any fault in the first 30 days is grounds for rejection. After 30 days and up to 6 months, the dealer has one opportunity to fix an issue before rejection - so brake servo - fixed - no rejection, dent (while in for servo) needs to be given an opportunity to fix (I wonder whether it could be argued that putting another fault on a car while fixing the previous one qualifies for not fixing the original fault? Probably, but in the circumstances not required).

Anyway, where they have a problem funnily enough is the exhaust. They have fixed with a defective part - they have had their one strike and they are out under the 6 month rule.

I wanted to resolve this amicably and, even with the dreadful journey Audi have taken me on, have always been pretty reasonable with them (a few late night sharp emails after a stack of beer aside).

It seems that I am just going to have to toss the 6 month rule handgrenade in their direction - even this is pretty reasonable given that I want to napalm the dealership.

Even had the service manager on the phone today wondering out loud how the dent could have happened. Alluding that it may have been there already (which the schedule of condition taken by the low loader demonstrates that it wasn't) or whether it was done while being shipped back to Audi. I pointed out that I have been up there twice to drive the car with their techs and that there was no damage up to 2 weeks ago. It all just boils my p1ss.

Anyway, the pin is being pulled tonight.

Reactions: AudiNutta and E15
Well, I finally picked the car up today and the brakes felt more solid than they ever did before.

The changed the back box while it was in there and (while early days) I found it much quieter - there seems no change between Comfort and Dynamic... Anyway, it is shagged -

View attachment 151292

Also, Audi left me a little present in return for having the car for nearly a month -

View attachment 151293
Hi sorry to but in what was your problem with the brakes. Mine has spongy pedal after going in for a fluid change. It went back again. Now it's going back a 3rd time

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi sorry to but in what was your problem with the brakes. Mine has spongy pedal after going in for a fluid change. It went back again. Now it's going back a 3rd time

Scroll to the start of the thread - brake servo failure. Not nice.

Scroll to the start of the thread - brake servo failure. Not nice.
Damn definatley *** squeezing time that. See what they come back with. But it wasn't like that before it went in pedal doesn't go to the floor but if I pump it goes solid.then drops about 2.3 inches

Since the servo was changed the pedal is certainly harder. I was getting intermittent hissing from the pedal area together with brake performance loss (up to 80 - 90%). They were not pleasant moments.

Since the servo was changed the pedal is certainly harder. I was getting intermittent hissing from the pedal area together with brake performance loss (up to 80 - 90%). They were not pleasant moments.
bit like me if it's not right I start making up noise but politically correct noise. I did get extended warranty when I bought the car. But first see what they say tomorrow just a pain lost to days. ****** off as these are my days off from work.

When mine went in it didn't come back for 30 days.

And was dented to **** on collection. May as well have left the brakes and stacked it myself.

Reactions: leonwilliams and E15
When mine went in it didn't come back for 30 days.

And was dented to **** on collection. May as well have left the brakes and stacked it myself.
Lol ofcmost expensive things we spend money on is house and car. We expect the so called experts to get it right. I reckon if I'd gone to my local garage they would have got it right. There mechanics not technicians.

Reactions: Evil Diesel