boot release

Budgie21

Reaction score
just a quick one and im sure theres a simple solution
i can only open my boot from the buton on the key fob
is there something i have to do to give me the option of the boot release button or do i have a problem with it

So when you open the doors your boot doesnt unlock?

Without making myself look silly, you have actually tried the button on the boot handle? Its hidden under the lid inbetween the number plate lights?

Last edited:
yea i unlock the car usin the button but the boot wont open using the button your talking about
only when i hold the button on the fob it pops
very annoying as cant open the boot witht he engine running have to stop it and press the button on the key grrrr
i think it is something that is an option as i work in a bodyshop and we haa a brandnew audi in the other dy and it was exactly the same

yea i unlock the car usin the button but the boot wont open using the button your talking about
only when i hold the button on the fob it pops
very annoying as cant open the boot witht he engine running have to stop it and press the button on the key grrrr
i think it is something that is an option as i work in a bodyshop and we haa a brandnew audi in the other dy and it was exactly the same

Yeah can probably be changed easily on vag com then.

vag com??????
sorry to be silly is this on board comp or???????

Budgie, the car is run by the software contained in the onboard computer. Access to the control panel of the computer software can be had by connecting a device to the electrical connector underneath the steering wheel. The system called 'VAG COM" (Volkwagen/Audi/Group Communicator) is what one needs to communicate with the onboard computer software, and change the settings. Both garages and individuals can buy this system. Many of the members of this forum have VAG COM, as you will see many comments relating to this. Now on the subject of your boot release. My 06 A3 has a button on the driver's door, near to the pull handle. It has the picture of a lock on it. If my car has locked the doors when driving along, then to release the door and boot catches, I have to press this button. If you have this button on your driver's door, try pressing it, and see if this releases the boot lock.

Last edited:
Reactions: poz1.8t
Ahhh i know what you mean!!!

When i unlock my car (one press) it just unlocks my drivers door and keeps the rest shut, including the boot. If i click and hold a lil bit again it will unlock all the doors including the boot!! All you have to do is walk up and push in the handle and BOOM its open.

Bearing in mind if u just unlock the drivers door and go to the boot and push the handle it will NOT open. This is a security feature which can be changed via Vag or DIS.

If all else fails there is a handy lil button in the middle of the fob!

Happy Boot opening!

I had the same problem with mine.

Took it to the dealership and whilst they were looking at it disconnected the battery. When they reconnected it again the boot release started working as it should again. It's almost like a reboot sorted it out.

They swear blind they didn't do anything else. Has been working fine now for 5mths.