boost gauge fitted in vent

sakib

Reaction score
Just finished fitting boost gauge in vent bought the pod on ebay and gauge from r tech wasnt too hard to fit what you think guys?? Also need to respray the pod dont know what spray will match the colour with interior....

Attachments

• 2015-05-26 17.53.54.jpg
    2015-05-26 17.53.54.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 218
  • 2015-05-26 17.54.12.jpg
    2015-05-26 17.54.12.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 218
Looks good mate, mine annoyed me after a while because I could never quite see the dial so I changed the mount so it points to the driver.

How close is the colour of your dial to the oem dials?

The dial are amber dont match but doesnt look too bad maybe somtime i will open up and modify the gauge to suit and match colour. And visibility is good . Paid £30 for pod 2nd hand and £25 for gauge from r tech new

Jesus 25 for the pod? I have a 3d printer I might start making some haha, at least make them point towards the driver and allow some air to still get through

Reactions: SHUk and sakib
I thought thats cheap lol as they are hard to get by oh well am happy with it and i can see it clear so not too fusses and hardly used to vents anyway:redrs4:

Not trying to take away from your purchase mate, it looks great there. I'm just surprised they charge quite a lot of money for something so simple in reality.

If I end up making some I'll send you a message to ask what you think could be changed design wise to make it better

No no i know your not. And never actually thought how you can make these as this one i think was made using 3d printer or some kind of molder

Colour doesnt really match so need to open it up and use a red tint film back of it so it illumates red and matches oem dash lights

Attachments

• 2015-05-27 02.47.02.jpg
    2015-05-27 02.47.02.jpg
    974 KB · Views: 158
Looks good mate, mine annoyed me after a while because I could never quite see the dial so I changed the mount so it points to the driver.

How close is the colour of your dial to the oem dials?

Can i see a picture of yours please if you dont mind mate??

You can but not today. Car is in a body shop atm, should get it back today/tommorow. When I do il post a couple of pics.

Tom

Reactions: sakib
But late but here you go, cars a bit dirty but you get the idea. Might not look like much but the gauge faces the driver perfectly and it doesn't get effected by sun glare