1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bluetooth Problems

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by Badley, Mar 22, 2007.

1. Badley

Badley Member

I keep finding when driving along my DIS says 'BT off' then soon after 'BT on'. It happens randomly, perhaps three times in a journey or perhaps none.

I keep my phone in the drink older just behind the handbrake. Would this be a problem with the phone or the bluetooth module in the car?

Can anyone help?
  2. simonwjones

simonwjones Member

3. Badley

Badley Member

Ok, after that read I'm understanding that contacts with multiple numbers need to be categorised using either Home, Mobile or General. Surely this is onlt relevant to Bluetooth with RNS-E not Bluetooth with Symphony (which I have).

Other than that all can think in the firmware on my phone, a Nokia E50.

Thanks anyway
  4. s8craig

s8craig Active Member

That's your problem, an E50. Symbian Series phones by nokia are know for problems with BT kits in Audis. I would not recommend any E or N series nokia for use in an Audi unless you have the newA6/A8 or Q7 with SAP profile phone kit.
  5. Badley

Badley Member

Oh Great :-(,

Thanks for the information, I'll know for next time
  6. Badley

Badley Member

Ok, I have ditched the E50 as it was probably the worst phone to live with. I now have a Nokia 6300, which is so much better. However Bluetooth in the car is still giving me problems, even though I specifically choose a phone without Symbian. Do you think that my Audi Bluetooth module is at fault?

Any help guys?
  7. C_Audiboy

C_Audiboy Vroom Vroom

Have you tried it with a 'known good' handset with the Audi Bluetooth?

I had the same issue with my Sony Ericsson K800i. I found that it was to do with the last numbers I had last dialed. Clearing these records provided a stable connection, when it would drop out again I knew it was caused by the last number dialed (hope this makes sense?).

Its not just limited to your Symphony + Bluetooth setup. I had the same problem with both Symphony + Bluetooth and RNS-E + Bluetooth.
  8. Badley

Badley Member

Thanks for the help mate but I don't know anyone with the K800i. I'll try removing recent call list too.

Thanks again
  9. The911SC

The911SC Active Member

my K800 works fine although my Ipaq does the disconnect thing. Its worse when on battery (not charging)
  10. Hanley

Hanley New Member

I also have the same problem with my K800i dropping off randomly.

Whenevr this happens I delete my recent calls list and it's then stable again for weeks.

:)