Blow off valve or not?

dragonstyle

Reaction score
hi

i wanted to know what peoples thoughts are on blow off valve? could you tell me if there is anything i should worry about or any specific parts you can advise?

think the audi 1.8t engine works best with a recirc valve not a BOV. alot of people inc me have the forge 007p

the 1.8 T engine dont really like "blow off valves" like Rav above alot off people would recommend the Forge 007P :) Frorge do a item thats half recirc and half blow off called the Forge Spliter but imo its abit pricey just to have a noise when it dumps.

from what ive been told the splitter is not as good as the 007p. thats coming from a well known garage.

From what I've seen a load of people flog the splitters on as they're too much of a faff.

007P all day long mate.

Is there much change in sound from no dump valve to the 007p ?

Loud dumpvalves sound sooo cool ha

so would you recommend having the forge 007p? do you see any differences in gains?

No gains other than servicability and better (arguably) reliability... A lot of people run the std recirc with no probs even on mapped cars.

As already stated, VAG 1.8t engines recirculate the excess pressure as the air has already been measured by the MAF and calculations for fuelling etc are done on that amount of air... BOV's and splitter valves usually make the car run badly and don't actually produce that much noise.

If you haven't mapped your car, stay with the OEM unless it needs replacing. Buy a Forge 007p if you have some spare as they are a good (if pricey) replacement to the OEM valve.

IMO of course...

<tuffty/>

I have a Bailey dv30 re-circ valve, i did have a milltek but it kept sticking so i went for a dv that requires a little less maintenance, had it for over a year now and its been no problems and although it's a re-circ it doesn't sound too bad:)

Last edited:
Please note the louder 'whooshing' noise you hear only comes with the combination of a panel or cone filter and a remap as the extra boost from the remap means more air/pressure to release making more noise and the panel/cone filter enables you to hear it better.

The Forge 007P adds nothing more to the mix other than what I have already mentioned...

<tuffty/>

Mine was actually a bit quieter than stock, but the noise changed a bit but it was still nice and quiet...just how I like it!

I would say to anyone thinking of getting a SplitR DON'T, the sound is pants and mine developed a real bad leak 007p is the way forward!

My 007p sounds 10x better with my carbonio than the splitR did!

Right everyone not trying to be a smart a** but, if you block the splitter with the provided screw cap, it behave exactly like the 007P, as it is the same design with an extra exit, I admin it was rubbish when letting air out, but had to use it since a splashed out a 110 on it, but now works well, also they are both known for weak springs, there is better yellow spring the holds longer boosts. and I might even go back to the standard one soon.

Right everyone not trying to be a smart a** but, if you block the splitter with the provided screw cap, it behave exactly like the 007P, as it is the same design with an extra exit, I admin it was rubbish when letting air out, but had to use it since a splashed out a 110 on it, but now works well, also they are both known for weak springs, there is better yellow spring the holds longer boosts. and I might even go back to the standard one soon.

They are completely different in design, i've owned both now!

The splitter has an adjustable spring where as the 007p has a pre tensioned spring.

The leak in my splitter was coming from in between the valve body and the rotating spring pre-loading top which the 007p doesnt have :)

Point taken, anyone after buying a nice Spiltter R then? I might as well go back to standard one then.

My 007 makes a farty thud sound when it opens.... cant remember the original doing this. hmmm

Point taken, anyone after buying a nice Spiltter R then? I might as well go back to standard one then.

Get a 007p mate, i got the awesome gti branded one for £72.50 posted & i'm really happy with it!