Bigger Turbochargers??

a3-tdi

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to ask if other bigger Audi/VW diesel engines turbo fit a 2.0tdi? Like an A4 3.0tdi turbocharger. thanks :sm4:

Welcome to the site.

Best option is to get a hybrid unit that is same but hollowed out a bit & internals uprated mate.

where can you buy the hybrid turbos from? as im getting my a3 2.0 tdi 140 mapped tomorrow and if im not happy with the results im looking into going the hybrid route, i hear 240 bhp is achievable?

240bhp is about right. Nigel got his from AMD I believe. Derv Doctor in ashbourne, and then the place in gloucester that done all Mikey's work also.

how's the clutch stand up to the 240 bhp from 140?
what's the total "kinda" figure we'd be looking at to achieve that?
and more importantly, how difficult would it be to get the power down on a fwd??? :faint:

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to ask if other bigger Audi/VW diesel engines turbo fit a 2.0tdi? Like an A4 3.0tdi turbocharger. thanks :sm4:

There are lots of bigger turbo`s that can be made to your BKD engine but you will need at least a custom manifold to get it to fit. AMD, Derv Docotor etc all by in the turbos from either Turbo Dynamics, Turbo Active or CR Turbos. You will get about 230ish bhp with the standard hybrid but a lot more torque plus the power should last all the way to the redline.

My cars a quattro so no point really unless it was a stripped out race car. Got a uprated haldex controller fitted though.

Nope. LSD only helps when going around corners.

I have a quaife lsd on my car and i must say that on the corners the car became much more reliable.

LE: also i've got my own hybrid turbo from turbo technics UK and i can say i'm very happy with the results. A fried of mine installed in it's BKD a 3.0 turbo charger and the results are more than impressing: 265hp on a dyno. when i will find the dyno graph i will post it here.

Last edited:
awsome, will be very intreasted in one for my 170 once available, i was gonna fit one on my 1.6tdci mk6 fiesta tha would of been pushin out 180 bhp with large fmic, turbo back de cat exhaust remap n k&n filter, was 90hp standard but decided to get a better car as standard to paly with lol was one of the most tuned and modded in the uk
DSC_0202.jpg

newlightsdry005.jpg

If you remove the DPF plus a remap a PD170 will make 220-230 bhp to start with. Untill you remove the DPF there is no point in thinking about fitting a hybrid turbo as the DPF is a major restriction and will just block and then catch fire.

I'm glad your in the Audi now Chris :readit:

hahah so am i mate, i relised id be better of putting my money into a much better car in the first plac,e how ever i only lost 1k after owning the car two years ans putting 2k into it

If you remove the DPF plus a remap a PD170 will make 220-230 bhp to start with. Untill you remove the DPF there is no point in thinking about fitting a hybrid turbo as the DPF is a major restriction and will just block and then catch fire.

dpf delete, cat back, air filter and remap are all getting done on the 23rd of this month, what kind of power would i be looking at with all this done plus a hybrid? also is there a hybrid available of the 170 or not yet?

chris