BH's Sepang Blue B8.5 Audi S4 Black Edition Saloon

Sexual BH...but time to ditch the Bouncers QD....and give the Gyeon a shot at the title...lol
Cheers @jassyo06 :thumbs up:

As you know I do have a bottle of the Gyeon Q2M Cure on standby, BUT I also have some new waxes I want to try first ;)
So many Detailing products to try so little time to try 'em :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Reactions: Jassyo06
Wow......giving me Sepang withdrawal symptoms, after dropping my A4 back at the weekend.
Yours makes me look forward to my new Sepang A5, on wide offset rotor's, even more. Their a lot easier to clean than 'V' spokes.

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Wow......giving me Sepang withdrawal symptoms, after dropping my A4 back at the weekend.
Yours makes me look forward to my new Sepang A5, on wide offset rotor's, even more. Their a lot easier to clean than 'V' spokes.
Cheers @Scott.T :thumbs up:
Looking foreword to the pic's of the new A5 mate

On my old B8 A4 I had the 7 twin spoke alloys and they were a real PITA to keep clean. Agreed, rotor's are a doddle to keep clean

On the subject of cleaning wheels, during my 'next model' down-select process I had a loaner S3 with the twin spoke design 19's.
Me being me I had to give it a clean while I had it, and these wheels were probably the worst I have ever come across for cleaning.

The design has a recess in the casting that runs the full 360 degree's of the wheel, even running behind the twin spokes. This is clearly a brake dust trap, both in the recess and more so behind the spokes.
Non-OCD owners would never clean this area, which was highlighted by this loaner/demonstrator already having pitting and heavy tar build up in the recess.
The amount of pitting/paint damage was quite incredible for a car that had only done a few thousand miles.

Image shows the recess/groove that runs behind the spokes :
2015-audi-s3-quattro-wheel-06.jpg
@Scott.T - Pleased I never bought either of those two new S3 saloons I ordered after reading this mate :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Although I happen to like the rotor wheels I am glad I got them (especially in the face of the "they are as common as muck" comments) because they are so easy to clean! Whenever I see a car with nice looking but 'complicated' wheels I always think "but they'd be a nightmare to clean..."

Reactions: Keef, Bristle Hound and jdp1962
Although I happen to like the rotor wheels I am glad I got them (especially in the face of the "they are as common as muck" comments) because they are so easy to clean! Whenever I see a car with nice looking but 'complicated' wheels I always think "but they'd be a nightmare to clean..."
I think as you think, @Dippy :)

Reactions: Keef
First launch using launch control today (well second actually, balls'ed up the first lol)

Found the flatest, straightest, quietest national speed limit road I could to do it
Standard 2015 S4 saloon. No mods. Running Shell normal fuel
Only me in the car. Outside temp. 17 degrees C. Between 1/2 & 1/4 tank of fuel
Used this app on my iPhone to time it
http://www.appdecide.com/app/ios/g-tac-free/305409405/

4.85s 0-60mph
0.95g max

'Twas brutal but great fun!

Now the search is on to find a longer stretch to do the 0-100mph & the standing 1/4 mile
Will have to be a 'private' road of course :D

Reactions: Mark_86, Jake 61, scotty76 and 1 other person
First launch using launch control today (well second actually, balls'ed up the first lol)

Found the flatest, straightest, quietest national speed limit road I could to do it
Standard 2015 S4 saloon. No mods. Running Shell normal fuel
Only me in the car. Outside temp. 17 degrees C. Between 1/2 & 1/4 tank of fuel
Used this app on my iPhone to time it
http://www.appdecide.com/app/ios/g-tac-free/305409405/

4.85s 0-60mph
0.95g max

'Twas brutal but great fun!

Now the search is on to find a longer stretch to do the 0-100mph & the standing 1/4 mile
Will have to be a 'private' road of course :D

Jeepers, that's none too shabby!! Bet it was growling like a goodun :racer:

I went into my local/supplying Audi Dealer today to book my :s4addict: in for its 1st service
The meet'er/greet'er guy approached me as I got out of the car & said - 'Thats a rare beast round here. I very rarely see any S4 saloon's, if any at all here'

Booked my :s4addict: in for the 1st service on the 14th June. The estimated cost? £273 !!! :wtf:
Pleased I'd negotiated the 1st 2 services free when I agreed to collect my car early
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...n-saloon-my-thread.240456/page-6#post-2476647

BTW I'm on the Fixed service schedule

Reactions: scotty76
Assume this is just an oil change then??
I have my 2nd oil & first inspection (19k) on Monday, £292 for all. Although I'm not entirely convinced as when I called 3 dealerships for quotes, none of them knew what fixed service schedule was and they keep saying I didn't need the oil doing as I had it done last year!

Yeah they seem baffled @Keef. Mine is in on Monday. The service counter has been counting down correctly and is now showing the correct number of days overdue. The oil change service still reckons it's six months away.

When I booked they tried the usual upsale items, oil flush, petrol additive clean etc.
They also tried to tell me these are recommended by Audi until I questioned why they not listed in the service schedule!?
They have also said the aircon should be regassed every 2 years???? I said no thanks

Those free services look good, Col. I'm doing things differently; the car's on the variable schedule so won't visit the Audi dealer until this time next year. Meanwhile, my local indie has just done an interim oil change for £121.

Reactions: Keef and Bristle Hound
Assume this is just an oil change then??
@Keef - Correct. 1st oil change service :thumbs up:
I Although I'm not entirely convinced as when I called 3 dealerships for quotes, none of them knew what fixed service schedule was and they keep saying I didn't need the oil doing as I had it done last year!
Can't be that hard for any Audi Dealer service department you would have thought
https://www.audi.co.uk/owners-area/servicing-maintenance-mot/servicing-your-audi.html

My S4 has a very low mileage on it at the mo (long story) but I have insisted that they change the oil regardless when its in for service
Time to dust these off these for the 14th June :D -
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/downloadable-do-not-wash-signs.247190/

Reactions: Keef and scotty76
Got mine ready to go @Bristle Hound and the job notes have it on it too. Still not hopeful as car is dirty so they'll probably assume they're helping me. :)

BTW did anyone else get a paper service record? (Supplementary service record I think Audi call it). Or am I the only suspicious nutter who requested one?

BTW did anyone else get a paper service record? (Supplementary service record I think Audi call it). Or am I the only suspicious nutter who requested one?
@scotty76 - I'll let you know on the 14th mate, but if I don't get one I will be asking :thumbs up:

@scotty76 - I'll let you know on the 14th mate, but if I don't get one I will be asking :thumbs up:
Ah sorry BH I should have been clearer. I requested one when the car was new as I like to have the paper to go with the electronic service record. It looks like this.

IMG 20160602 210606906
IMG 20160602 210634027
IMG 20160421 135121621

Audi take the electronic record as fact but I plan to get the car serviced at indies post warranty so wanted the stamps too.

I got a full print out at my last service. However, had to ask them to redo them as they had the wrong car at the top. :boxing:

I got one of these for my B8 and made sure it got stamped whenever in. Worthwhile purchase!

My S4 went into my supplying Dealer for its first service today
I always ask my Dealer not to clean my car. Written over the service request sheet. They also have a system in place whereby they attach a red tag to the car key to designate not to wash. Just to be on the safe side the 'Do Not Wash' signs came out as well lol

Was presented with the invoice - £271.92, which TBH I thought was a bit excessive but as it was free I wasn't to bothered (I negotiated the first 2 services free to collect the car early)
I handed over the letter from the Sales department outlining the free servicing when I went to collect the car
The oil they used in the service, Mobil Super 3000 V, is the same as the litre of top up I got supplied with when the car was new
I've measured the OSR tyre & its 7mm not 6.5mm! Strange ...

Oh & they didn't wash it lol

Service indicator reset -
sIQHSx0.jpg

Invoice -
tH2PML5.jpg

gKvyuho.jpg

Gratuitous pic while I'm at it lol
g2Ml0kc.jpg

Reactions: Andy Butcher, ruairi83, Jake 61 and 4 others
What's with the Antifreeze entry I wonder?
Not sure on that one myself TBH @scotty76 as I know the expansion tank level was bang on when I took it in

They also left 1/2 bottle of screen wash in the car as well. I always top the washer bottle up before a service so I don't get 'caught'. Didn't get charged for that, altho' I suspect it may be a typo on the invoice. For anti-freeze read screen wash me thinks

As per @scotty76 instructions :D

After having my S4 for just over 12 months, my report to date

Since ordering and owning my S4 saloon I have only seen 2 others. A floret silver saloon & another sepang saloon which had just left my supplying Dealer after a service. Seen about 5 S4 Avant's over the same period. The meet'er / greet'er guy at my supplying Dealer even said he don't see many S4 saloons

The sepang colour gets plenty of complements & I would have it in a shot again. Lovely to work with (as I have car OCD lol)

The power is so enticing to use. The 'drive' from the supercharger is great fun. It just 'go's' from the off. Traffic light GP's will never be the same again! Its no slouch neither! 4.85 secs 0-60mph using LC proves this (see post 489 above). When the engine has fully loosened & a bit better technique from me then I'm sure I can have this time down to around 4.5 secs. Not bad for a 'big old beast' as my son recently referred to it. Cheek!

I've driven plenty of auto's but this is the first one I have owned. I love it! Still don't play around enough with the S mode or the paddles but there's plenty of time yet. I do think the s-tronic does flatter your driving IMHO which can only ever be a good thing

In my ownership period I average around 24-26 mpg, which I'm more than happy about as I don't drive it with economy in mind. In fact I have never used the economy setting in drive select modes. I didn't buy A S4 for that. Worst 18.9mpg (after an 'altercation' with a BMW 235i) best 35.1 mpg

Love the drive select, damper control & HHA options I spec'ed. The damper control is defo a clever bit of kit.
I've never had a car with alcanatara interior either. Would spec this over full leather given the chance on my next Audi

My only gripe? The rotors. Like all Audi S cars the S4 should have its 'own' wheels & not just in the 18" variant either
AMI is a waste of time. Takes valuable space up in the glove box
B&O sound system is awesome. It gets me having the sound to loud!

I had planned to keep this car for a minimum 5 years but with all the horror stories about the s-tronic gearbox's I'm having doubts TBH
I'll see how things are when I'm nearing 3 years of ownership
If I do change it will be for either a new S3 saloon or a new TTS

Reactions: xpoweruk, scotty76, jdp1962 and 2 others
Cracking looking car (still!) BH. I havent driven a S4 but it looks a dream car. Bet it drives like one too.

Interesting report BH. I totally agree with you on the launch - I find myself looking in the rearview mirror a lot just to see how far I get ahead of other cars before they start moving! I'm intrigued to find out how well the B9 S4 does in this respects. The marketing suggests that it had better low-down torque than the B8 and of course it has the torque multiplication effect of the ZF box. If it is better at launching that the B8 I'll be impressed but as the ex-owner of a B5 S4 I'm struggling to believe it.

I'm a bit surprised that you still have 7mm tread, especially on the fronts. How many miles have you done?

As per @scotty76 instructions :D

After having my S4 for just over 12 months, my report to date

Since ordering and owning my S4 saloon I have only seen 2 others. A floret silver saloon & another sepang saloon which had just left my supplying Dealer after a service. Seen about 5 S4 Avant's over the same period. The meet'er / greet'er guy at my supplying Dealer even said he don't see many S4 saloons

The sepang colour gets plenty of complements & I would have it in a shot again. Lovely to work with (as I have car OCD lol)

The power is so enticing to use. The 'drive' from the supercharger is great fun. It just 'go's' from the off. Traffic light GP's will never be the same again! Its no slouch neither! 4.85 secs 0-60mph using LC proves this (see post 489 above). When the engine has fully loosened & a bit better technique from me then I'm sure I can have this time down to around 4.5 secs. Not bad for a 'big old beast' as my son recently referred to it. Cheek!

I've driven plenty of auto's but this is the first one I have owned. I love it! Still don't play around enough with the S mode or the paddles but there's plenty of time yet. I do think the s-tronic does flatter your driving IMHO which can only ever be a good thing

In my ownership period I average around 24-26 mpg, which I'm more than happy about as I don't drive it with economy in mind. In fact I have never used the economy setting in drive select modes. I didn't buy A S4 for that. Worst 18.9mpg (after an 'altercation' with a BMW 235i) best 35.1 mpg

Love the drive select, damper control & HHA options I spec'ed. The damper control is defo a clever bit of kit.
I've never had a car with alcanatara interior either. Would spec this over full leather given the chance on my next Audi

My only gripe? The rotors. Like all Audi S cars the S4 should have its 'own' wheels & not just in the 18" variant either
AMI is a waste of time. Takes valuable space up in the glove box
B&O sound system is awesome. It gets me having the sound to loud!

I had planned to keep this car for a minimum 5 years but with all the horror stories about the s-tronic gearbox's I'm having doubts TBH
I'll see how things are when I'm nearing 3 years of ownership
If I do change it will be for either a new S3 saloon or a new TTS

I've had mine for 4 years now and agree with everything that you've just said, I'm just waiting for the new RS4 to be released then she'll be getting changed.

Reactions: Bristle Hound and scotty76
Interesting report BH. I totally agree with you on the launch - I find myself looking in the rearview mirror a lot just to see how far I get ahead of other cars before they start moving! I'm intrigued to find out how well the B9 S4 does in this respects. The marketing suggests that it had better low-down torque than the B8 and of course it has the torque multiplication effect of the ZF box. If it is better at launching that the B8 I'll be impressed but as the ex-owner of a B5 S4 I'm struggling to believe it.
The more I'm reading about the B9 S4 I'm not so sure TBH
No supercharger. No s-tronic gearbox. No crown gear permanent 4 wheel drive. No sepang blue colour :D
Just wonder what else will be 'missing' so to speak ...
How many miles have you done?
@Dippy - No where near enough & I'm too embarrassed to say lol
Sure he meant the car? :)
Genuinely made me laugh @jdp1962 you cheeky git lol

censored.gif
censored.gif
censored.gif
puncture !!!

Taking the car out the garage today I noticed the ROS tyre was quite flat'ish
The big screw sticking out & 18psi were the giveaways

Down to my local tyre dealer for a new 255/35 19 Continental ContiSportContact 3 & the Hound is £150 lighter for the trouble :(
Not taking any chances with a repair so a new tyre it was
The Tyre fitters in the shop know how anal I am about my cars & took great care when replacing the tyre so as not to damage the wheel
Couple o' 3 snaps whilst in the Tyre place -

mi4zZKt.jpg

lofMGNj.jpg

Had a good nosey while the wheel was off. 2 things struck me -
First - how big the rear brake disc's are &
Secondly - how complex all the rear suspension linkages are

Obligatory reflection shot lol

ksWOyMX.jpg

Reactions: Raiden and feva
Cars looking sweet BH

I'd of been pee'd about the puncture, but these things happen I suppose.

Sent from my Note 4 using tapatalk