Best spark plugs?

jack.s

Reaction score
Hi what do people think are the best plugs to get? And best place to get from?

you link doesn't work lol....

i've bought some desno ik20 to put in mine..... they have a very small electrode 0.4mm that is made of iridium, the stock ones have an electrode size of 0.8mm, apparently the smaller electrodes produce a better spark and require LESS voltage to work.

this is theory, i've not tested my ones yet.

i got Bosch Super 4's in mine, i've had no problems with them, also cheap :)

i have used Super 4's before in my Corsa C and my other A3 (1.6 N/A) never had a problem with them either

I got iridium ik22 in mine, there great,but £40-£50 a set though

Kwl thanks I will look into the ones mentioned, I know something like Bosch will be reliable but is there better plugs for greater power gain when aiming for 300bhp ish? Thanks.

You want really good spark plugs go for RS2 Bosch plugs, from ECP, normally £39.96 now you could even get 20% off. MRC use these on their 1.8Ts

S3K04, how do you rate them so far? Will the coilpacks be up for the job?

NGK ? Bosch?

Last edited:
denso ik22 for me and i hate the bosch super 4's " coil pack killers" had boost problems and it was down to those crap plugs...yes i hate them!

Kwl thanks, where can you get the Desno ones from? And these rs2 ones sound good but are the going to affect the coil packs?

So do you guys think the Denso ik22's are one of the best to get for a stage 2 1.8t?

denso ik22 for me and i hate the bosch super 4's " coil pack killers" had boost problems and it was down to those crap plugs...yes i hate them!

+1

Also check the gaps, as I believe this can knacker the coil packs aswell. Since i checked mine and adjusted, i have had no more problems.

Dave

Yea I don't doubt they are fine, there most likely what's in there now, but if the denso ik22's are going to be better performing I would get those especially as I plan to go hybrid turbo this year.

yea imop the denso ik22run great in the 20vt,also make sure the gap is set to 0.7mm gap to be kind to your coil packs lol

i use ik22 in my s3 and mk2 golf with 1.8T which is runnin 520bhp, no probs at all :)

Looks like I will be ordering a set of these :D thanks for advice. What sort of price are they?

Dude stop posting in russian, most if not all of us cant speak it lol.

denso cermaics are known to crack and fall on top of your pistons during replacements. I had Denso Iridium's and changed them as soon as I heard this.

denso cermaics are known to crack and fall on top of your pistons during replacements. I had Denso Iridium's and changed them as soon as I heard this.

ive been fine for years, so have alot of people i know that use them

Maybe they would have rectified that problem, hopefully lol. Think I will try them out as they get a lot of good reviews on here.

I have had about three sets of IK22's now, no problems!! Made a huge difference when I checked the gaps before xmas and closed them to 0.7mm/0.028inch, a lot more crisp on the **** dyno :)

Dave

Denso ceramics fail - I wont touch these with a barge pole
IK22's - ceramics fell off/apart on 3 out of 4 plugs, damaging, pistons, valves, valves seats, turbine on turbo...
Aftersales were perthetic.

I would never advise anyone use Denso's

NGK is what I will only use

I've changed over to the NGK's now based on the engine story. No difference on the **** dymo, but worth the £20 for piece of mind.

Dave

You can use the standard copper NGK's too.

BKR6EK's for standard motors and probably BKR7EK for tuned ones.

No point in fancy **** iridium/platinum things, OEM's only use them so they can advertise 80k mile change intervals.

i use bkr7e have done ever since i had a coild pack fail on me after having put in new genuine platinum plugs that lasted around 2months with stage2 software, now with the bkr7e's and not a single problem they need changing more frequently but cheap and better plugs

Last edited: