Best oils ?

nothingness

Reaction score
Hello,

Can you tell me the best oil to buy for an oil change for a 2.0 TDI 140 engine please. Money no object when it comes to oil. Will also be fitting a magnetic drain bolt if i can find one in the right thread size. I drive normally and flat out from time to time though always let oil warm up and cool down before turning on/off the engine respectivley.

Also I want to change the DSG oil aswell, can anyone tell me whats the best oil to use for that ? Is it ok to do it myself or should I get Audi to do it for me (and probably get raped wallet wise) ? I am always wary of garages just saying they have done it and not doing it though?!

Many thanks

Castrol Edge 5W-30 is the stuff they recommend for the engine not sure about the DSG box though.

no idea in a diesel but i use silkolene (now under Titan) pro-s,one of the best oils out there,have a mooch on opieoils website

Quantum longlife 3 is what the dealer would use, it's castrol made for VW UK

http://www.vwspares.co.uk/quantum_oils.php

DSG oil change is quite difficult and needs to be changed at a certain temp, a good indy would do a DSG oil and filter change for about £160, dealer would be about £200

As I change the oil More frequently than recommended, I use planet 5w30 PD which is specific for the PD engine! It's produced by Comma, and after trying castrol, which seemed to make the engine slightly noisy, this stuff seems superb for the money! 5ltr's for £30 ish.. Y

Last edited: