Best bang for my bucks on 2.5tdi sport.

Cheers Chris, I agree a Votex rear and bigger tips would be better. How much is the Votex they and where to buy them? What do you think about fitting wheel spacers?

Votex rear is about £285 from TPS but it does not include center grille but they do different packages which may include the grilles- you need to confirm with the dealer ! Larger tips with Votex rear and front do look wicked and they compliment the s4 door blades ! Good job !

That Votex rear spoiler with extra grille and new paint job will be around the £400 mark by the time I've finished and that's just the rear!

Anyone on wheel spacers please?????

Went large on the tips and fitted 4" instead. The Votex rear bumper will have to wait a while, does look better but not 100% as still with the original bumper but cheap to do.

Can't believe no ones not got an opinion on wheel spacers??

IMG_1961_zpsbec25c2b.jpg

IMG_1962_zps1de61a7e.jpg

Not sure QJames, I was hoping someone could tell by looking at he arches as to how much I could push the wheels out, I reckon I could go 10/15mm without any problems. I would like to know if there are any cons to using wheel spacers. I've used them for years on 4x4 vehicles but not on cars.

As long as you buy hubcentric spacers (and make sure they come with longer bolts) then you shouldn't have any problems. It looks like it would benefit from 8-10mm spacers depending on how you like the car to sit.

Been a while since I've been on the forum and felt the need to keep this thread going as there has been a new development.

Still got the quattro sport and it has now racked up 170 thou on the clock. Very few issues, suspension arms rear wiper motor, Cambelt service and brakes which are all run of the mill repairs really.

Been in contact with Chris (adams24) of and on for sometime now and Chris has been nothing other than excellent helping me sort any Audi issues. It became apparent on one visit to Chris that my turbo was showing some bad wear and tear so I decided to take the plunge and go for Chris's 56mm hybrid turbo. Only had it for a few days now and noticed the difference straight away. The change is nearly subtle but very apparent. Tried around the London suburbs initially and wasn't able to give it's legs, though when I drove it back down the motorway and finally let it lose on the quieter open roads in deepest Wales, well wow and double wow what a difference!

Chris re tweaked the map to best suit the turbo which has made the car quieter, pull far more effortlessly and has massive surge from 60 to 100mph. It's no 300hp super car but for me it's a perfect package of a well mannered quick all round car with every day practicality in mind. Bottom end pulls better and just keeps on feeding in power constantly. I'm only guessing but I think she'll be around the 220hp mark. Also managed to get 38.4 mpg on the last full tank of motorway and open roads.

I now have the 2.5tdi just how I want it now and I'm looking forward to another 70/100 thou which was always my objective with the car when I bought it.

As for cost I'll let any interested parties contact Chris for a price. I do know I could of easily bought a standard turbo replacement and possible payed more and not had any of the improvements......recommended!

John

Glad you're happy with the car John, it was a pleasure working on your car and meeting you again ! Sorry for the wait but as usual weekends are very, very busy at the garage...