Bar****ard side light bulb!

Ben85

Reaction score
Just a quick one. I have average sized hands and can't get to the side light bulb to change it. Is there a nack or is it headlight out jobby?

Yeah, small handed person or long nosed pliers. Also needs a wiggle to break the seal and it should pull out.

Yeah, small handed person or long nosed pliers. Also needs a wiggle to break the seal and it should pull out.
Are they the same as the headlight bulbs where you just give them a yank.

Ok thanks. Can you remove the headlights without having to remove the front bumper.

Some say you can remove the headlights by undoing all the fasteners in each wheelarch and under the front valance and then pull the bumper cover forward far enough to wiggle the headlight out.
In practice, when I wanted to remove the headlights on mine I found it far easier (the car was on axle stands anyway with both front wheels off) to just whip off the bumper cover to save risking any paint damage
It really isn't a big job to get the bumper off and on, I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

As Nessy says, easier to remove the whole bumper. Haven't you managed to change the side light bulb?

As Nessy says, easier to remove the whole bumper. Haven't you managed to change the side light bulb?

No mate not yet just can't get my hand in far enough with the headlights in place.

If you are due to visit SE Essex, I'll do them for you. Other than that send the mrs. in the car to an Audi dealer, flash her eye lids at a partsman and he'll do it.

If you are due to visit SE Essex, I'll do them for you. Other than that send the mrs. in the car to an Audi dealer, flash her eye lids at a partsman and he'll do it.

That's really kind of you mate. But I've finally managed it! And a bit of bad language and leaving half the skin and a little blood off of both hands they have been changed. I guess I must have slightly larger hands than the average German lol couple of pics comparing it to my company car (64 plate Astra) nice fresh look and great light output. Thanks to t8ups for supplying.

Attachments

• IMG_3869.JPG
    IMG_3869.JPG
    906.7 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_3870.JPG
    IMG_3870.JPG
    821.6 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_3872.JPG
    IMG_3872.JPG
    991.2 KB · Views: 87