B6 to b7 cab

vr6gordy

Reaction score
I'm thinking of doing b7 conversion on my cab b6 and need a parts list .. On cab wings do I need to swop to b7 wings or do I need to join b7 front bit to my b6 wings .. Is the bonnet diffent on b7 .. So parts I would def need are
Front b7 cab bumper and grills
B7 cab headlight
B7 cab slam panel
Is there anything else ??

Got back lights sorted euro car parts just under 200 quid for the pair

Anyone got the wiring for the rear lights to swop the pins around so I don't need a new loom

Unlike the saloon, avant with b7 cabriolet doesn't have a swage line going down it so you don't have to do all the cutting like you would on a saloon avant. B7 cab wings will bolt straight onto the B6. As far as I know your need
B7 wings
B7 bonnet
B7 bumper
B7 grills
B7 front panel
B7 headlights
B7 headlight looms

And as for the rear lights you will.find your original loom will fit the B7 rears, you just need to cut a small notch into the B7 light.to fit one.of the B6 holders. Then your just have an obsolete revers light and fog light which you can either tuck away behind the bumper or cut off and fit a resistor

If there is no cutting needed on the B7 cab wings, would it be possible to fit a B7 cab front end to an Avant/Saloon?

Just a thought that it would save a lot of messing about for people wanting to do the B7 conversion if cab front fit without modification.

And as for the rear lights you will.find your original loom will fit the B7 rears, you just need to cut a small notch into the B7 light.to fit one.of the B6 holders. Then your just have an obsolete revers light and fog light which you can either tuck away behind the bumper or cut off and fit a resistor
If I loose the reverse light and fog light how will I have them still also how do I power them up ???

B6 cab lights have 2 reverse lights and 2 rear fog lights. B7 lights only have 1 reverse light and one fog light so you only fit one fog light bulb and one reverse light bulb. It will make sense when you look at the b7 clusters.

B7 rear lamp conv.
And
B7 S4 lower valance

Attachments

• 20141116_155426.jpg
    20141116_155426.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 166
Loom adaption is needed and so is coding if fitting b7 rear clusters
Did this to my old cab, nice mod

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416938344639607

Reactions: ruffrida

Through experience, after doing this mod many moons ago and doing several members for them, this information is incorrect

Due to already mentioned differences in the amount of lights, there's also differences in sizes aswell as duel / single filament differences

I did make my own loom out of my existing b6 and the b7 loom that came with the lights

Kufatec also sell a loom for the adaption along with the heat sink resistors to cancel out the redundant part of the b6 loom

Which ever way you do it, it also needs coding as the brake light across the top of each light stays illuminated as the b6 was duel filament, you tell the car it has avant rear lights which allows you to dim the b6 side light part down to zero and allows it to become a brake light only

Many b6 to b7 conversions are driving about with the centre square & the top part lit, this is wrong, top is brakes only

I have done mine like this so it's not incorrect. I used my old B6 looms, cut a slight notch into the cluster as one of the B6 holders has an extra notch on it compared to the B7 holders (can't remember which but it was but I have photos. Forgot you also need to fit the 501 tail light bulb holder from the B7 loom in place of the B6 tail light bulb. Then obviously code out the top light with VCDS. Saves you spending silly money on the conversion loom.

Slit cut into the housing (think it's the brake light bulb hole

That's what I meant vagcabby, the 501 needs to be in there hence my comment mate
How you first wrote it, you just used b6 loom but yes you have to mate them together

What about the slam panel? I've found awful lot of slam panels for B7 saloon/avant but not for cabby. Would they fit? Anyone?