1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B5 perches and rs4 r-arb fitted by Adamss24

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by matthew999, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Tiffy

Tiffy Active Member

So by the looks of it the perches drop the front slightly more and gives it a much better look....

does anyone have any pics of these perches and fitted to the acctual shock please....

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. ajax1976

ajax1976 Well-Known Member

The perch is basically the lower platform that the spring sits on. B5 perches drop down about 15mm from where the the original B7 ones sit, that 15mm translates to a 15mm drop in the ride height. Once you take the top mount and spring off you can tap them off the strut and replace with the B5 one.

This is what I removed, B7 perch

[​IMG]

And the B5 perch

[​IMG]

Not a great picture but you can see the extra depth to it.

I started a confirmation thread a while ago as myself and another bought perches using numbers posted previously in another thread, unfortunately they were the wrong numbers and we wasted our money. I was lucky and noticed before I stripped the car but the other guy paid someone to to change them which resulted in no change in ride height!! I'll update that thread now.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s...176038-b5-spring-perch-seat-confirmation.html

4. Tiffy

Tiffy Active Member

Thanks mate, thats great

5. l1lbill

l1lbill New Member

Hi Guys,

I have a B7 S4 and read somewhere that this mod doesnt have much effect as the car is slightly lower than an sline/se already. Is this correct and therefore a waste of time for me?

Or was this incorrect and do i need to go and buy a set of these?

Thanks

6. V6 Quatt

V6 Quatt Well-Known Member

Looks nice.

How have the springs settled?? have you found that the car dropped a bit lower since fitting the H&R??

How long you had the H&R on the car??

QUOTE=ajax1976;1806616]I never actually measured mine but would guess at around 15mm.

I have lowering springs on so two pictures are just for comparison.

35mm H&R springs on standard perches

[​IMG]

35mm H&R springs with B5 perches

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

7. ajax1976

I think I put them on around October/November. They dropped a tiny bit, 10mm(?) over a couple of weeks.

8. pburv

pburv Well-Known Member
    Team Glacier quattro Audi S3 saloon DSG

Hi all.Just an update on the RARB.....Well it went on the ramps today:yahoo:........WRONG PARTS Ordered:banghead: The parts list I followed was on a previous thread all are correct apart from item number 8E0511327A = Mounting (rubber bush) these bushes are for fitting the 18mm diameter RARB not the 22mm dia. RS4 RARB....So AUDI are re-ordering the correct size bushes and should be arriving some time next week. I will post the correct part number when I pick them up..:sob:

9. ajax1976

I thought that too hence my post on the previous page #20. The part numbers were the same as the ones I removed!!

I just went ahead and fitted them, they wouldn't sit cleanly on the bar but once the clips were fitted as I tightened them down they pulled the bushes around the bar and seated good, interesting to see how long they last tho!!

These are the 2nd item I've bought using part numbers that have been wrong from this forum, infuriating:banghead:

10. pburv

pburv Well-Known Member

"Moral of the story" If you can double check part numbers with main dealer before ordering:(

11. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Team V6 TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter Team Tornado quattro Black Edition Audi S4 s tronic

I think I'm to blame for that, as I steered you in the direction of the wrong part numbers. Sorry about that.

12. pburv

pburv Well-Known Member

Don,t worry about it. I should have done my homework first.Will remember next time.:friends:

13. pburv

pburv Well-Known Member

Well after a long wait I finally got my rarb fitted..It has made a great improvement to the handling of the car.I would recommend it to anyone who is thinking of doing this relatively cheap mod..Why Audi did not do this standard when the car first came out is beyond me:uhm:ps the correct part no. for the rubber bushes for this mod is *8E0 511 327 D*.If you read back to my prev. thread on this subject you will understand:wacko:

14. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Team V6 TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter Team Tornado quattro Black Edition Audi S4 s tronic

Great stuff; glad you got there in the end. As you say, why did Audi not set all A4s up this way from standard? Mine has a colossally heavy V6 up front, as did the B6 2.4 I had before it. Both cars benefitted hugely from the RS4 rear anti-roll bar.

#53 jdp1962, Mar 20, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  15. ASC

ASC Member

Don't suppose there's any reason I can't fit these cups to a B7 S4 Avant?

Cheers

16. ajax1976

No reason at all, they'll fit S4s too.

I've got a pair in the classifieds now;-)

17. ASC

ASC Member

Can't find them, got a link?

18. ajax1976

19. Jord_C

Jord_C Active Member

My cars in pieces at the minute as im in the process of doing this mod, just wondering if you use the lower rubber spring seat on the perch or just place the spring straight on the perch?

20. ajax1976

Yes I used the rubber seat although I've read of some who didn't but that was purely to get the car a tiny bit extra low. Its got to be kinder to the spring and seat with it fitted.

21. Jord_C

Jord_C Active Member

Good stuff, The spring seat on the perch sounds the best bet, think it will be more secure in the long run too. Thanks!

22. Advert Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.