B5 perches and rs4 r-arb fitted by Adamss24

So by the looks of it the perches drop the front slightly more and gives it a much better look....

does anyone have any pics of these perches and fitted to the acctual shock please....

The perch is basically the lower platform that the spring sits on. B5 perches drop down about 15mm from where the the original B7 ones sit, that 15mm translates to a 15mm drop in the ride height. Once you take the top mount and spring off you can tap them off the strut and replace with the B5 one.

This is what I removed, B7 perch

P3050300.jpg

And the B5 perch

8d0412103b1_zps3dbc3417.jpg

Not a great picture but you can see the extra depth to it.

I started a confirmation thread a while ago as myself and another bought perches using numbers posted previously in another thread, unfortunately they were the wrong numbers and we wasted our money. I was lucky and noticed before I stripped the car but the other guy paid someone to to change them which resulted in no change in ride height!! I'll update that thread now.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s...176038-b5-spring-perch-seat-confirmation.html

Hi Guys,

I have a B7 S4 and read somewhere that this mod doesnt have much effect as the car is slightly lower than an sline/se already. Is this correct and therefore a waste of time for me?

Or was this incorrect and do i need to go and buy a set of these?

Thanks

Looks nice.

How have the springs settled?? have you found that the car dropped a bit lower since fitting the H&R??

How long you had the H&R on the car??

QUOTE=ajax1976;1806616]I never actually measured mine but would guess at around 15mm.

I have lowering springs on so two pictures are just for comparison.

35mm H&R springs on standard perches

PB243107.jpg

35mm H&R springs with B5 perches

P3050298.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I think I put them on around October/November. They dropped a tiny bit, 10mm(?) over a couple of weeks.

Hi all.Just an update on the RARB.....Well it went on the ramps today:yahoo:........WRONG PARTS Ordered:banghead: The parts list I followed was on a previous thread all are correct apart from item number 8E0511327A = Mounting (rubber bush) these bushes are for fitting the 18mm diameter RARB not the 22mm dia. RS4 RARB....So AUDI are re-ordering the correct size bushes and should be arriving some time next week. I will post the correct part number when I pick them up..:sob:

Hi all.Just an update on the RARB.....Well it went on the ramps today:yahoo:........WRONG PARTS Ordered:banghead: The parts list I followed was on a previous thread all are correct apart from item number 8E0511327A = Mounting (rubber bush) these bushes are for fitting the 18mm diameter RARB not the 22mm dia. RS4 RARB....So AUDI are re-ordering the correct size bushes and should be arriving some time next week. I will post the correct part number when I pick them up..:sob:

I thought that too hence my post on the previous page #20. The part numbers were the same as the ones I removed!!

I just went ahead and fitted them, they wouldn't sit cleanly on the bar but once the clips were fitted as I tightened them down they pulled the bushes around the bar and seated good, interesting to see how long they last tho!!

These are the 2nd item I've bought using part numbers that have been wrong from this forum, infuriating:banghead:

"Moral of the story" If you can double check part numbers with main dealer before ordering:(

Don,t worry about it. I should have done my homework first.Will remember next time.:friends:

Well after a long wait I finally got my rarb fitted..It has made a great improvement to the handling of the car.I would recommend it to anyone who is thinking of doing this relatively cheap mod..Why Audi did not do this standard when the car first came out is beyond me:uhm:ps the correct part no. for the rubber bushes for this mod is *8E0 511 327 D*.If you read back to my prev. thread on this subject you will understand:wacko:

Well after a long wait I finally got my rarb fitted..It has made a great improvement to the handling of the car.I would recommend it to anyone who is thinking of doing this relatively cheap mod..Why Audi did not do this standard when the car first came out is beyond me:uhm:ps the correct part no. for the rubber bushes for this mod is *8E0 511 327 D*.If you read back to my prev. thread on this subject you will understand:wacko:

Great stuff; glad you got there in the end. As you say, why did Audi not set all A4s up this way from standard? Mine has a colossally heavy V6 up front, as did the B6 2.4 I had before it. Both cars benefitted hugely from the RS4 rear anti-roll bar.

Last edited:
Don't suppose there's any reason I can't fit these cups to a B7 S4 Avant?

Cheers

The perch is basically the lower platform that the spring sits on. B5 perches drop down about 15mm from where the the original B7 ones sit, that 15mm translates to a 15mm drop in the ride height. Once you take the top mount and spring off you can tap them off the strut and replace with the B5 one.

This is what I removed, B7 perch

P3050300.jpg

And the B5 perch

8d0412103b1_zps3dbc3417.jpg

Not a great picture but you can see the extra depth to it.

I started a confirmation thread a while ago as myself and another bought perches using numbers posted previously in another thread, unfortunately they were the wrong numbers and we wasted our money. I was lucky and noticed before I stripped the car but the other guy paid someone to to change them which resulted in no change in ride height!! I'll update that thread now.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s...176038-b5-spring-perch-seat-confirmation.html

My cars in pieces at the minute as im in the process of doing this mod, just wondering if you use the lower rubber spring seat on the perch or just place the spring straight on the perch?

Yes I used the rubber seat although I've read of some who didn't but that was purely to get the car a tiny bit extra low. Its got to be kinder to the spring and seat with it fitted.