1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Avant Boot Sensor Problems

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by scammo, Mar 11, 2011.

1. scammo

scammo New Member

Hi all,
    Am new to the site and hope you guys can help please!

I have a 2000 2.8V6Q avant, and noticed a while ago that the boot light seemed to be coming on and off for no reason whilst driving. Now when starting up, I quite frequently get a warning on the driver information system that the boot is open when it is properly closed.

Whilst this and the light's behaviour seems clearly linked to the boot sensor, I don't know how to resolve. Any ideas please??

thanks

2. scammo

scammo New Member

Forgot to add, the rear wiper and washer jet are both working fine, with no apparent leaks

3. jb0o

jb0o North East Forum Moderator
    Site Sponsor Regional Rep VCDS Map User

Try taking the boot lock out and just drying the microswitch as water may have escaped a little from the rear washer hose.

4. dest

dest Member

The micro switches often fail/snap, you will need a new lock if that is the case. They are about 30 quid from a dealers.
    Mine is exactly the same, I need to get round to it too!

5. scammo

scammo New Member

Thanks!
    Do you know whether I can remove the boot trim without breaking the clips, or do I need to get new clips first?

6. foursprungdugtechnique

Mine did the same, think it was after getting the car washed with a big pressure washer, water in the rear microswitch, has dried out and is fine again.