Audio upgrade from Audi Symphony

Kay Farooq

Reaction score
Hi guys...

New here...

Will be posting my car up soon... nice audi a3 quattro that's been tastefully modded...

One thing I'd like to do is upgrade the audio. Seen and read a lot of the threads here, so i do beg your pardon if this is in the wrong place or if i seem like I'm flogging a dead horse...

What I've gathered so far:

Andymac is the man with all the answers?

The front speakers are mounted onto the door card, and therefore things are a little compromised...

My situation:

I just want to tear out the original speakers and replace them. I have an audi symphony unit with the 6cd stacking feature and tape deck. It takes up a fair bit of the dash and I want to keep it so as to retain the oem look. I think the front set up is component? And i have a pathetic excuse for a sub in the boot.

Can anyone recommend a straight switch set up for me, i don't mind getting an amp but i want to retain the functionality of the head unit...

Is it just a simple matter of finding 5.25" components for the front, 6.5" coaxials for the back, a sub and amp?

Any advice or recommendations would be much appreciated, not going for show stopping sound. Just a bit more low end depth i guess as the symphony set up ain't that bit with the mid end.

Thanks

I think the pro's here put in those flashy RNS-E touch screens - I was looking at Android Based Devices but in the end put in one of what you have but from an A4 as my single CD symphony was broken

Try posting in the Incar entertainment part of the forum as someone there will might be able to help you

Here's an option for the sub

I"m thinking if you wanted to wire up the stock head unit to an amp you would have to find an adaptor of sorts (or make one) that will transfer your line outputs from the H/U to RCA's which can then feed to the amp.
- your speaker sizes are correct (may also need adaptors for the fronts because the mounting on the stock door panel are 3 screws - most speakers are 4)
- you'd have to also run new wiring as the current Bose wiring won't really work with aftermarket crossovers (unless you chop them up)

http://s135.photobucket.com/user/impalaguy1230/media/Audi Pics/bosehookup.jpg.html

that may be helpful?

or this

http://www.discountcarstereo.com/AIH-AUDI.html

or this

Amazon product

LOL

Thank you guys, much love... just for the record, it isn't the bose system... gonna try and find the ice section here.