Audi S4 trouble!!!

Slorance

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Not sure if anyone can help me with my Audi S4 but I have a little starting issue.

I go to my car, unlock it, key in the ignition and turn the key and nothing happens at all, no noise no clicking nothing!!
I hold the key to the 3rd position for a few seconds and nothing so I take key out and try again, sometimes it can supprise me and work.... Once in a blue moon that is. When I bump or jump my car it starts 1st time. I have had my ignition switched changed as I was told that was the problem, (it wasn't) battery tested... Told its 100%. So I don't know where to go from here, I'm told it to could be the solinoid or starter motor or battery.... But I don't want to pay out for something that it might not be.

Has anyone else had a problem like this before?

Thanks

Ben

Hi guys, thanks for reply, I'm kind of hoping a few more people reply as I don't want to pay out for something tht it's not.

In all honesty, it might be worth a £65 diagnostic trip to an Audi centre, they will have a bit of experience with this sort of thing, you wouldnt be any obligation to have them fix it.

It could be several things and any number of guesses from people could could be right. You need to to take it to somebody who knows what they are doing to do some diagnostics. Where are you in the country maybe somebody could suggest a good independent garage who know what they are doing.
My first guess would be the starter, if you put it in gear and rock it will it then start?

Karl.