arghhh please help, fault codes keep increasing

brys3

Reaction score
hi, originally i had the 17704 issue, i installed a new cts and this sorted the problem for half a day. last night it started misfiring. 16684 and 16687 came up, swapped the second and third coil packs, then 16684 and 16686 came up. so i replaced the coil pack and spark plugs. now whenever i boot it it misfires at 3000rpm then loses power. total codes now

im assuming 17704 will be the stat, and 16685 the coil pack, although its not misfiring till i boot it. as for the last one i havnt a clue. i spent my months wages on this thing already and its only been on the road 6 days since i bought it last september. anyone please help, someone i can phone anything to help. i love this car but its really starting to annoy me!
please help

I suspect this issues may be related to boost/torque as the rpm figures vary depending on how you plant the accelerator. I removed the MAF and made no difference. When I first noticed this the eml was flashing when pushing it past the stutter, once past the stutter the power died. I erased the codes and they have not appeared since although there is still the misfire issue/stutter. Please someone help

I think the car has been Remapped. Well I bought it with the assumption it had. Could it be the spark plugs it had ngk's and I've put some Bosch in. Could it be the gap in the plugs?

If you have done the plugs and coils, it may be worth checking the coil pack wiring harness... As these are known to internally corrode/ brake down.

You could ideally do with clearing all the present codes, and seeing what re-appears

tried decreasing the gap on the spark plugs and worked a treat. infact feels much quicker than when i purchased it.