Apple swapping iPhones

ElliottB

Audi A3
Reaction score
Afternoon guys.

Just a quick question, i know a few of my mates have booked appointments with there faulty iphones and they say they have been swapped with no questions asked.

Now my iphone is playing up the top lock button doesnt work properly so has anyone else had a issue were they have gone in and had it swapped?

Thanks

most of the time when they swap them out
you get a refurbished one

plus how old and model have you got ?

you'l only get a replacement if its still under warranty or extended apple care. my wife got hers changed due to a faulty home button, it was refurbished and carried a normal warranty and she extended the apple care last month on it.

mine is a iPhone 5 32gb its warranty is up in november so thinking i will have to get myself to a apple shop and get it swapped!

Had exactly the same problem bud. Apple will replace it after confirming its faulty, only if it's in warranty though. They just give you a brand new phone, cheaper than them repairing the old one.

well mine is a intermintant fault, but sometimes i can be pressing the lock button in a good 10 times before it decides to lock and tbh the battery dies quickly too. it is in warranty until november so i will get an appointment booked and go.

If it's intermittent is it definitely hardware? It's not a software fault is it causing the phone to occasionally hang when waking up? Have a Google for similar problems.

And as you say, get to Apple before the warranty runs out and I'm it should be fine. Apple are usually quite good at stuff like that. But back it all up, whether to the cloud or your computer as you'll most likely end up with a different phone.

Correct, the swapped mine the other week no questions asked, the screen kept flickering so popped in at 9am, got an appointment at 10:30 the same day and by 11am they'd given me a new iPhone 5.

Correct, the swapped mine the other week no questions asked, the screen kept flickering so popped in at 9am, got an appointment at 10:30 the same day and by 11am they'd given me a new iPhone 5.

Hi Aiden, was the the leeds trinity branch? Think thats were i will go, hopefully i receive the same service and get a new one as mine has a number of faults, battery doesnt last very long either!!

Mine was intermittent and they changed it no questions, Apple are awesome if its in warranty.

Apple iPhone is my favorite phone am crazy about it, I buy it when its release first time in USA its made me crazy,Its features are wonderful and interesting.Now i want to purchase apples latest tablet.Whats your favorite phone brand...

Hi Aiden, was the the leeds trinity branch? Think thats were i will go, hopefully i receive the same service and get a new one as mine has a number of faults, battery doesnt last very long either!!

Yeah it was in Leeds Elliott, sorted my iPhone straight out. Give them a try!

The vast majority of warranty swapouts will be refurbished. Although they are to such a high standard that nobody would ever be able to tell. The Geniuses will of course say they are brand new to avoid 'confrontations' in store :)