Anyone near Tunbridge Wells or in Kent?

salam0506

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone nearby in Tunbridge Wells or anywhere in Kent might have a proper fault code reader just so I can find out what the engine management light is on for and thus what to do next? I have asked around and checked a bit and it seems it is probably the EGR but wanted to know for definite and then tackle the problem. I have a 2006 A3 2.0TDI

Also I am a bit of a newbie to Audis so if anyone nearby who fancies giving me a few pointers and suggesting any bits my A3 might benefit from or desperately needs doing.

Cheers
Al

NHN is probably your closest. If not then Ash187 is about a 40 min drive away up near Dartford. Both good lads.

I drove past you today, I've got a job in Gillingham area in next 2 days if that's of use, can always meet me in Wells, as I go through top of & through Paddock to get to the M2, PM me if that's any good.

Rob at W8 Performance (his user name on here is W8 Performance) is also in the area of Tunbridge Wells

Ah that's true, Rob is & he has a genuine cable :)

Thats not the egr at all, 2 different items egr & IMF, its mores than likely the teeth are broken inside the IMF cover, well that's usually the fault on these.

i thought the IMF connects to the egr and provides the air for the egr? Is it also related to the anti-judder valve? Because at the min my car does shake a bit when idling now and then. Would you not advise going with one of the EGR delete kits?

No, the egr, which is either vacuum or electrically opened, has recirculated exhaust gases supplied to it, which then goes back into the intake past the imf, IMF opens the intake system into the engine as such, whether turbo compressed air or egr, 2 separate components usually.

EGR delete is personal choice & would probably require a remap to remove the light.

Cool thanks for clearing that up - what is your opinion on the EGR delete kits? I saw one recently that offered the remap as well (cant remember who it was now, d'oh). Do you think it is worth getting rid of the EGR - will it make much of difference to the performance?
Do you do remaps by the way? I wanted to eventually do a remap to push it up to 170bhp or more but there are so many companies out there not sure who to trust and what other mods might be needed to get the most out of it.

is there a "how to" on the IMF replacement?

Rob@W8performance is closest to you tbh, give him a shout.