anyone got more miles than 160k miles on their 2.5tdi?

p1tse

Reaction score
anyone got more miles than 160k miles on their 2.5tdi?
if so, how's it going and mpg average?

however, i think the extra 10mpg average mpg from a 1.9tdi is much more appealing

approaching 165k on mine. Full Audi SH. running on Shell and a bit of millers additive now and then. I tend to keep it calm on motorways but being a quattro you cant help giving it some beans on good roads and roundabouts (where it counts). completely standard.
002bt.png
003l.png

That's about what I average going between full tank fill ups.

What app is that you've got mate?

165k on mine have not long done a major service after rebuilding heads due to cam going goosed do decided to rebuild the whole topend part from that tho cant complian realy as think the issue was due to the lat owner not looking after the car properly

The App is Road Trip light. The first tank at 32mpg was spent at high revs along the snake pass and other bendy roads appreciating the capability of the entire set up. Remap and RS4 RARB will prob be my only mods if I can keep the missus away from my bank account for a few months.

mine has done just under 64k, so still a baby i guess, if i keep it that long i hope i can match you guys, timing belt was done at 44k so fingers crossed wont need to do much yet on engine. mpg is still not great according to dis, unless i drive like miss daisy on the motorway where i get 34-36.... but like we all say, i didn't really buy for fuel economy as first priority.

Jealous of only 64K, I reckon you could look forward to several years of great motoring if well maintained. DIS will give a guide but will never be actual. I was originally looking for a 1.9 for the economy but having found a well cared for 2.5 I did some sums. At 12k per year and £6 per gallon the difference between 35 mpg and 45 mpg is around £450 per year, or £38 per month. Well worth it for a 6 cylinder engine and the torque.

Jealous of only 64K, I reckon you could look forward to several years of great motoring if well maintained. DIS will give a guide but will never be actual. I was originally looking for a 1.9 for the economy but having found a well cared for 2.5 I did some sums. At 12k per year and £6 per gallon the difference between 35 mpg and 45 mpg is around £450 per year, or £38 per month. Well worth it for a 6 cylinder engine and the torque.

yeah pal- i would definately agree like most others- i am more than happy that i picked the 2.5tdi, and although you could argue that a standard b7 for example comes in a 170bhp guise, its still only a 2.0 pot so i reckon would not give the same drive. even my mates who have had a spin are surprised at the smoothness and the willingness to fly when pushed, not to mention the so unlike diesel sound.