anybody watch great structures : autobahn ?

dummi

smoking a6
Reaction score
was on ch5 at 730pm just finished , got to take the audi out there :)

dummi said:
was on ch5 at 730pm just finished , got to take the audi out there :)

One of the nicer points of living in Germany along with the beer...

(if you do, just dont die)

A cheap option there Dude...

A Freeview box will pick up that signal and give you a picture, and some others.. but it seriously will improve your picture as its digital...:yes: :thumbsup:

Got one upstairs and it cured my picture...:yes: :yes:

dont get freeview either tried that.have been told that i should get sky min package £15 a month then cancel at end of year and you still get all the freeview channels........is this true?

I saw this program, made me laugh when they said that "Audi VW BMW Merc and Porsche badges mean move out of the way.

Jaywoo_A3 said:
I saw this program, made me laugh when they said that "Audi VW BMW Merc and Porsche badges mean move out of the way.
That gave me a chuckle as well.

'Unless you have German metal, get out the way if any come up behind you, it's the unwritten rule that they own the road". :beerchug:

Autobahns are terrible roads on the whole. Best approached at 4am, but anything after 7am they are full of trucks, caravans and general detroitus.

Now... The autoroutes in Luxembourg... excellent. Although limited to 80mph or so they run arrow straight for miles, great visibilty and generally deserted... That's where the highest speeds were obtained on the last few runs across to the 'ring!

DavidR said:
Autobahns are terrible roads on the whole. Best approached at 4am, but anything after 7am they are full of trucks, caravans and general detroitus.

Now... The autoroutes in Luxembourg... excellent. Although limited to 80mph or so they run arrow straight for miles, great visibilty and generally deserted... That's where the highest speeds were obtained on the last few runs across to the 'ring!

Would have to disagree with you there, maybe around some of the larger cities like Koln or the Ruhr area it does get congested (but you can still drive at the UK national speed limit at the very least), the local autobahn to me is the A2 which can be a nightmare on some sections but once im off that and heading south or east the roads arent nowhere near as bad as anything in the UK in rush hour and quite nice to drive. After 6pm the roads get very quiet as the Germans arent daft enough to work all the hours god sends like the Brits.

Best roads to drive on are in the old east Germany or Holland/Belguim. The dutch roads are smooth as glass and Belgian roads are dead, never seen a police car on any belgian roads either, must only work 9 -5.

IMO.

i watched it, wish our road system was run that well! but then england has a very greedy goverment and efficiency like that costs money.

Rev-head said:
dont get freeview either tried that.have been told that i should get sky min package £15 a month then cancel at end of year and you still get all the freeview channels........is this true?
You can get a Freesat package from Sky. Its a one off payment I think then you get all the Free stuff.

More about it on Here

@ unkle...

Maybe I should have been more specific.

Autobahns are sold to most people unfamiliar with the German road network as empty free for all roads that you can sail down and unrelenting pace all day. For thrill seekers (irrisponsible as this is) the roads are dissapointing.

Generally the autobahns I've driven have been swift but busy - comparable to UK motorways - the derestricted parts are hit and miss - again generally busy if you want to replicate EVO magazine at full chat...

DavidR said:
@ unkle...

Maybe I should have been more specific.

Autobahns are sold to most people unfamiliar with the German road network as empty free for all roads that you can sail down and unrelenting pace all day. For thrill seekers (irrisponsible as this is) the roads are dissapointing.

Generally the autobahns I've driven have been swift but busy - comparable to UK motorways - the derestricted parts are hit and miss - again generally busy if you want to replicate EVO magazine at full chat...

Fair points, the best times to do some serious driving are at the weekends, find are Sundays especially morning/early afternoon. Get out towards the East (Leipzig/Erfurt way) and everything turns into concrete slab dual carriageways but the scenary is nice and the roads very quiet, theres a techno festival I go to most years near Erfurt, me and some friends normally 'cannonball' down there as its a good 4 hour drive and the winner gets a crate off everyone else, fantastic drive with the sun and views.