Anti shudder valve ASV fault on egr?

Deeming77

Reaction score
Im stuck.
I recently cleaned out the egr and fitted it back to the engine, after fitting an egr delete kit that made the car run horrible.
When done, the ASV cut off vaccumm valve would shut straight away on starting the car, stalling it straight away.

I did a bit of digging and thought that it may be the ASV solenoid not working properly, thinking when blanking the vaccum pipes off for the delete kit i had damaged it somehow.
so i got one off ebay, fitted it, now the car starts and runs without cutting out. However !!!! now when been driving for a few minutes, when turning off the engine the car shudders a touch. But unless you leave it half hour before restarting, it shakes like a tractor, takes two turns to start and you have to floor the accelerator even then ???

Once started though sems to run ok.
Any ideas please ? :(

are you sure all the pipes are routed right? you haven't put the egr vac pipe on the anti shudder have you

are you sure all the pipes are routed right? you haven't put the egr vac pipe on the anti shudder have you

im pretty sure. maybe could do with a diagram though as just followed the one in the haynes manual. although before i replaced the solenoid with the second hand one. the valve would shut staraight away on start up. it doesnt now, but i dont think it closes when it should now?

try this
2dkbkg6

thanks mate that was helpful. Couple things look different on mine, however I never touched those bits when doing the egr delete.
there was a wire broken on the asv solenoid, it has made it a fair bit better but still happens after a long drive?