Alloy wheel bolts

martyboy

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
hi, i am hoping to be fitting my new rs4's 19" to my a3 and lowering it 30mm on eibachs, which are on order from dpm, asap. only thing stopping me at the moment is my locking nuts! :mad:

i have a new set of chrome locking nuts to replace these,
but my question is this, where is the best place to purchase a chrome set of normal wheel bolts that will fit my car/new alloys, as they come in all shapes and sizes!!!
cheers!

When you buy new wheels they normally come with a new set of bolts, most people cover them with the oem nut covers anyway as they only go rusty after a few months

1st you need to know if you need tapered, radius or flat seated bolts which then decides on the locking nut seat type 1st, check here

http://www.priracing.com/section.php/73/1/wheel-nuts--bolts--locks

sorry i should of made myself clearer. my existing locking bolts are knacked and i cant get them off!!!:mad:

i have another set here to replace them with, but want to find what normal bolts i need for these wheels/car and where to get them?
cheers again!

oh right! I think i have a set brand new in my shed, i'll let you know tomorrow when its light because my torch is out of batteries! lol

So your existing are stuck on the car atm, you cant get these of at all, I had this & in the end I dremelled the shape of the lock bolt head, so I could get a socket onto it, then undone with some hammering of the socket onto the bolt so was on tight

I had a similar issue with some Mcguard wheel nuts where the 'key' was rounded and destroyed the bolts, I went to a couple of tyre fitters who were next to useless then went to a traditional mechanics garage, he removed the 3 damaged ones in 10 mins with a torque wrench and a bit of know how, charged me £5.

I gave him a £10 and went away happy.

cheers guys, managed to get locking bolts out at work, a lot of hammering of sockets and a 3/4 inch drive torque gun were involved!!!
so now i just need to find what bolts are required for my 'new' rs4 19" alloys!!! any ideas guys???