Alloy kerbed

gixxer600k4

Reaction score
Hey guys, last night some idiot was right in middle of road so had to swerve and then I kerbed my rear alloy, they are the rs6 reps and I was just wondering whether it is painted a special colour or just a simple silver. It will need a full refurb, what sort of prices will I be looking at? Should I even look into getting them all a different colour, like a dark titanium colour or something?

Cheers guys

Usually around about 40-50 per wheel, but if you get one done you may notice a very slight colour difference, but when there on i doubt it would be noticable. I want colour code 8AU on mine, thats like a slightly grey gun metal colour.

yea, i have the akoya silver, got lamin-x black grill, now thinking about black mirrors and darker alloys and i noticed other day my car looked really good when the alloys were dirty, i was stood far away and they looked kind of like gun metal grey! may look more into that getting it done!

car01.jpg

Hey there, check out my how to refurb alloy thread. My alloys are the standard silver and in my experience the paint is supplied by Wurth UK, top notch paint. I tried the cheaper stuff and it was like night n day...I got a 100% match but it depends if yours are gunmetal or whatever.
I had a set refurbed that cost me £220 for my Jag X type....I did another 2 sets myself and the difference was barely noticeable from the professional job......Got a great deal of satisfaction and was £220 better off to put towards and other mods I wanted to do
Hope it helps.

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=66233&highlight=refurb+alloys

Jim

here my akoya a3 that i did a photoshop on to darken the wheels to anthracite
RS6anthangle.jpg

in the end i bit the bullet and went for bbs ck anthraicite 19's

P1020448.jpg

where did you get your wing mirrors from, are they just off of a black a3 or did you paint them?!

where did you get your wing mirrors from, are they just off of a black a3 or did you paint them?!

just had them painted using a black paint, i took the mirror housing off and got my bodyshop to paint. as long as there not going on a black a3 which there not the body shop could use a range on black as long as it not one which will give a black fleck look. If you do a search there a guide on here somewhere on how to remove the housing.

one option is to try ebay for a black set, or even a cheap set which you could get painted and keep your untill resale time