All quartz grey avants!!

CraigRE

Reaction score
Dont know if there is a section just for quartz grey avants...if so point me in the right direction

If not can we have all them posted here
I have one and i would love to see what others have done to them and see what potential mine has :)

Mine is 07 2.0ltr 140bhp sline 49.500 miles on the clock

Mods done so far
Wind deflectors (hecko ones...has anyone else got these..fronts are a real tight fit which is good and secure but rear are so loose its untrue they just slide right in and out, has anyone else had the same problem)

Mods on the todo list
*Tint windows
*New head unit which i already have from previous car just bought all the cables for the steering wheel etc ££££
*De chroming around the windows as i dont like the milky look
* exhaust..dont know weather or not full system or not but i do want two chrome tips
*paint brake calipers...dont know what colour yet either blue or red
*different alloys i have already got some alloys painted gloss black to go on

Has anyone had part of their rear bumper painted black (the part that goes around the exhaust)

Show me your avants and your mods lol

Attachments

• Collage 2015-11-14 20_37_46.jpg
    Collage 2015-11-14 20_37_46.jpg
    414.2 KB · Views: 346
Reactions: Charlie Farley
nope , no sub-section for colour specific B7 avants as yet, but , if one does become available can we also have one for "brilliant black " aswell.....

but seriously chap, all b7 A4's in whatever colour are great cars, as too are the saloons, best plan for the modding is to spend sometime reading through many of the excellent write-up's on here which address more mods that you could ever wish for and do to you car, classic example is member " ajax1976 " , his modding to his avant is nothing short of brilliant.
anyway, have a good old snoop around and good luck with things.
rob

I have done allot of reading up on thos forum and others..audizine for one
I find this forum easier to navigate around etc

I forgot to mention i want
Arm rest and cruise controll
I have read up on these also

sounds like you allready have some plans in mind, what about suspension mods and the RS4 ARB swap over both well worth doing.
exhaust tips is a good one too, my avant's getting a tip upgrade very shortly.
Wrapping the bright work seems to be the best plan of attack to deal with milky coloured trims etc.
Front Grill mods also a nice easy mod which can change the look of your car with good effect, can be a costly affair though depending on what mods you go for, painted grill surround is cheap, easy and very effective.

rob

I have no clue when it comes to suspension mods
I.e what make is the best
I understand the lowering measurements..i.e 30mm etc but when people talk about spacers i have no idea

Also what is the rs4 arb mod?

Cheers

Yes i did
Obviously didnt push the clips in 100% as i opend the rear window by mistake (used to being in my golf and the bottons are in different positions lol)
Anyways it fell out but lucky enough it fell inside my car...clips fell outside tho

And yes i need to learn more....are you the teacher ive been looking for?

I'm sure you may have seen mine in other recent threads..... But here it is again...

9d45e0d1071077682cb6b7342b42610f.jpg

Still trying to decide whether to go black with the window trims....I think the silver works when I look at it sometimes, especially with the polished wheels, but other times I think black would look better! Any opinions welcomed!

Just about to do the rear valence black and fit a cupra splitter to the front to even it up. Rear valence to be replaced with an s4 version as I've also got quad exhausts to go on. Going to try plastidip for doing the valence black. Will post pics once complete!

I think you've already seen mines but no harm in sticking it in here aswell.

Reactions: Charlie Farley and B_FUR
Dont have any better pictures yet, only got it a few weeks ago and weathers been shoot!

Attachments

• $_12.jpg
    $_12.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 399
  • $_122.jpg
    $_122.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 258
  • $_123.jpg
    $_123.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 694
Lovely pics
Euans what % are your tints and what spliter is that
How much and how did you put it on

Benny G whats the %of your tints too
Cheers

I don't actually know what % the tints are as they were on the car when I bought it. The front splitter is a Seat Leon Cupra R one, it's easy enough to fit, just needs a bit of trimming and a few self tapping screws, I don't have a ramp so took the bumper off, as for price, I think it was about £40is

When you say trimming....could you be more precise please
Where and how much

Your tints
Are they all the same or are the rears darker...look the same

Could you just jack the car up get in your back and fit it?

Put on axles (always uses axels dont rely on jack...i know someone who died as the jack failed and car landed on him.. not a pretty sight) so if yous rely on jacks...stop

No idea about my tints either were on the car when I bought it. I'm probably gonna get them redone if I'm honest as they're pretty poor quality and have a blue tinge to them.

My fronts are also way too dark, surprised I ain't been pulled yet, but in the dark you can't see much at all, doesn't help when trying to reverse into drive.

Ones on my old a3 were slightly darker than factory on the rear, then lightest possible on the front and they're spot on. I wouldn't go for anything else or skimp out on tints, get high quality ones.

Leave the cheapo ones for the corsa boys ;)

Reactions: Sandra
Yeah they look quite dark
Fronts standard need to let 75% by law so you shouldnt realy out any on

However this was my mk5 golf tints allready done when i got it...realy good too
I feel your pain about driving in the dark on them couldnt see anything out the back
Collage 2015 11 16 19 39 48

I think you've already seen mines but no harm in sticking it in here aswell.

there's no doubt about it chap, the A4 B7 avant rear end must be one of the best looking backsides around, why buy a saloon when you can have a an estate that looks that good.......liking your work too on your spec ed chap.

Reactions: Euans2
I agree audi avants are one of if not the best looking estates
Merc and bmw have some nice ones

Any of you seen the jaguar xfs? They are nice

Dont know if you were thinking my car is an ED but it is gt tdi sport170
With a oettinger body kit and a gti front bumper...was silver too lol

Yeah they look quite dark
Fronts standard need to let 75% by law so you shouldnt realy out any on

However this was my mk5 golf tints allready done when i got it...realy good too
I feel your pain about driving in the dark on them couldnt see anything out the backView attachment 73335

Yea I know about the laws. Never got pulled in my A3 and to be honest, even the A4 front tints are quite light compared to rest of Bradford standard haha!

Police around here don't really seem to care about tints. That's if you ever even see a traffic officer on the road anyway.

Reactions: TheVanEnglishman
Ahaha

Just a quick one on comparison
I have the b7 2007 140 sline version
And my rear mirror is *****
I.e feels cheap and its the old fashion tilt down etc if lights are too bright
Are they all the same or have i got a **** one
(At the dealers it was missing the mirror and the dealer put it on...did he put a random one on instead of a oem one)

Is it same colour as headlining? Mines got all black headlining but does have the old school tilt down mirror but in black so its deffo OEM.

Yeah its grey tho mine darkinterior would be better is it possible to fit the electric on...even tho mine didnt come with the electric mirror
S l225

I think you can fit auto dimming mirror without changing windscreen, but for auto dimming, auto lights and rain sensor you need a new windscreen

Off to pick my car back up now from the dealers

I was promised two wheels would get refurbed when i out the deposit down ...they got done to a crap standard

But he said he would get them done again...time will tell lol

Also thermostat had went (needle was taking ages to rise and when it did pluck up the courage to move it was very little not even a 1/4? And it would drop causing not very warm air to blow out....ive had warmer farts)

Also glove box light was very temprimental
...oh and he forgot to give me the locking nuts ahaaaha
So being under warranty still i made the most of it and handed it back

Wish me luck

Well ive got it back
Was dark when i picked it up
However i was switched on and took a torch lol
Wheels look spot on
Thernostat works
Glove box light works
And i now have my locking nut lol

Here's mine.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    920.4 KB · Views: 238
Reactions: Euans2 and Charlie Farley
When you say trimming....could you be more precise please
Where and how much

Your tints
Are they all the same or are the rears darker...look the same

Could you just jack the car up get in your back and fit it?

Put on axles (always uses axels dont rely on jack...i know someone who died as the jack failed and car landed on him.. not a pretty sight) so if yous rely on jacks...stop

All the info you need to install the LCR splitter can be found on the following link
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...gain)-amp-painting-calipers-red-now-with-pics

My tints are the same all round, im not overly happy with them as there are lots of imperfections so i'll most likely get them done again at some point

Sorry I have no idea what the off set is, they are the standard rims with 235/40-18 tyres.

Nick

Just about to do the rear valence black and fit a cupra splitter to the front to even it up. Rear valence to be replaced with an s4 version as I've also got quad exhausts to go on. Going to try plastidip for doing the valence black. Will post pics once complete!

Pictures would be great

Been a while, but finally got around to getting the exhaust sorted this week........
IMG 3495
IMG 3497

Shout out to the lads at Mr Tyre Shrewsbury for the work - great job done; would recommend them for any custom work required (they're Longlife / Powerflow agents). They built a custom mid-section to mate the original front cat section with genuine S4 back-boxes (with modified pipework to the boxes in order to fit to my non-quattro). Great job...looks exactly how I wanted, sounds better (but not loud), and engine feels more free revving in the mid-range.

Plastidipped the valance in the end prior to fitting - really pleased with how it went on & the finish it gave (used Rustoleum product).

Reactions: Charlie Farley
You may have already seen them in another post. But thought i would update this page...incase anyone looks for quartz grey.
IMG 20160328 190256
IMG 20160328 190118
IMG 20160328 185954
IMG 20160328 185828
IMG 20160328 185234
IMG 20160328 185111
IMG 20160328 184749
IMG 20160328 184519
IMG 20160328 184125
IMG 20160325 180835
IMG 20160325 180610
IMG 20160325 180139