Alignment settings

vala

Reaction score
On the rear I've read 1.10deg negative camber is ideal (I have RATB), however what is recommended for the front? I have Silver Project camber plates being fitted.

I read 1.6 neg front 1.1 neg rear
You have s3 or a3?

daz-20vt - thanks for the reply. I have a mk1 TT. This forum is always much much busier and as this and the S3 are essentially the same underneath I thought to ask here.

What's your primary use for the car Vala? I'd advise different alignment settings based on how you intend to use it :)

It's a daily. Although I'm itching to get back out on a few trackdays (on 4 wheels this time rather then 2), so a fast road setup could be a compromise? I doubt I'll be doing as many trackdays as I used to do on the bike but better handling for all the bends MK has to offer would be good!

Last edited:
For something that's going to be used daily on the road, I'd suggest not going too mad on the camber. Somewhere around 1.5-1.6 degrees should be idea.

That should leave you with some scope to add caster on your SP top mounts, so I'd take full advantage of that and ramp the caster right up.

before starting, I'd loosen off both your bottom ball joints and pull them as far out as possible. This gives you the most camber possible before making fine adjustments with the top mounts to get it exactly as you want it :)

Caster wise, I'd aim for pretty much as much as possible, with stock lower arms and the SP top mounts you should get close on 9 degrees.

Toe wise, I'd aim for totally parallel

Nah.

Typically, on a normal road going setup you run some toe in.

On a more fast road setup you run toe out often to get it to turn in better

When you start getting more extreme on the camber and caster, you don't need that toe out any more as the geo is doing what it should already.

On mine I run -2.5 degrees of camber and 9.5 degrees of caster, and I run parallel or a fraction toe in. Toe out on my setup would destroy tyres in no time at all.

Hmmm. So what would a track monster like mine want?
I was advised
Camber
Front neg 1.6
Rear neg 1.6
Toe
Front 0 to in 2 minutes
Rear in 4 minutes ???

No toe in at all nick?

Didn't like mine with parallel rear toe, the back felt loose and steering didn't self center positively.

Went for 0.7 degrees rear toe in on each side and it felt much better.

Prawn - I assume stick with 1.10deg negative camber on the rear?
I've got castor increase rear bushes in the front wishbones so hopefully I can get 9deg or more.