Air vents???

unikarl

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a SEAT Leon which has a very similar dash to your Audi A3's (only less detailed). I pulled up along side an S3 last night and noticed what looked like illuminated air vents on the dash. I had these type of vents on my Golf and now I have a SEAT I really miss them.

Was I seeing things or do the S3's have illuminated vents? If so does anybody know where I can get some? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Thanks in advance

Karl

Thanks for your replies. Im off to buy some Audi vents now...

let us know how you get on, and what sort of price they are /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Yaseen said:
same with b5 A4`s pre and post facelift, I know people have retro-fitted them easily enough on the A4.

So if they are the same shape still, fit and just connect the wires up.

[/ QUOTE ]

So if it's possible with the pre facelift A4 then we should be able to do it with the pre facelift A3/S3?

Looks like I am going to need a part no..... anyone?

I just called audi and they said that the vents are either beige or blue!

Is this right cos my vents are black and I would have though that what they all were.

Does anyone have an S3 with a black dash? If so which colour vents do you have?

what in gods name are audi talking about? I've NEVER seen an S3/A3 with beige dash... I know blue WAS an option, but standard has ALWAYS been black!

Rich

I though it was black too. Going to have to call them back and tell them to start talking sense

Dont think its worth it unless you gotta take dash out

There is no way on this earth that I am taking my entire dash out just for these vents!

All you need to do is pop out the hazaed warning light switch and take your illumination from there. Its easy enough to run wires to that point from both sides of the car with dismantling your entire dash.

(I hope)

[ QUOTE ]
DickyS3 said:
Good luck! Let us know how it went...

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers mate,

I need to get the vents though yet. Audi are adamant that they are either beige or blue!

Im going to find a dealer with an S3 in so I can show them exactly what I need.

Its a terrible thing when customers know more than the staff. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

just checked ETKA :

Center (RHD): 8L2 820 951 B98
Sides (2 of): 8L0 820 901 C B98

Seems last code is colour :

B98 Satin Black
41Q jive (grey beige)
7WS Maritime Blue

pre-facelift part numbers are similar, but the colours come in Onxy (?), Balsalt (?) or Maritime Blue

I assume that all the facelift A3/S3 come with illuminate vents as there was only an option on colour..

Thanks for the part numbers Khufu.

I oreder the bits and they fit...look great. im well impressed. If only SEAT didnt skimp on these things in the first place..I suppose thats why they are a lot cheaper though!

I had to remove the lower dash section but thats just a few screws holding it in so actual fitting was very simple. I wired the drivers side vent to the light switch which again was simple. The passenger side vent and the centre vent I wired into the hazard warning switch lighting circuit as this was a shorter cable run for the passenger side vent. Everything worked perfectly and im well chuffed with the results. A very easy mod...shame it wasnt a little bit cheaper.

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
what in gods name are audi talking about? I've NEVER seen an S3/A3 with beige dash... I know blue WAS an option, but standard has ALWAYS been black!

[/ QUOTE ]

Beige Dash ROFLMAO /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Didn't know blue was an option though! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Caramac interior is soo disgusting, it should be outlawed! - black all the way!

Well, there in now and they look sweet.

They were really easy to fit and they look the part through the day and night too.

My next job is S3 dash sentre section I reckon...anyone with etka???;)

yeah, the more i think about whats involved, the more expensive it sounds.

I might have to just be happy with the SEAT as it is now.

It goes well and looks sweet on the outside so i shouldnt really complain.