Air filter/ induction intake service

sliced

Drive safe, stay alive.
Reaction score
Hi guys, I have the following intake on one of my cars

IMG_7701.jpg

I was wondering how do I go about servicing it? I have read I need to re-oil it or clean it or something, but can't find any definitive information. What oil would I need to buy, any idea what the process involves?

Any help or ideas would be appreciated

Pipercross should be the ones to ask re oiling the filter.

I had a Pipercross filter system on one of my Cosworths,which was oiled,and only need a good clean in soapy water first,then to be dried,and sprayed with Pipercross' own oil spray can.

Now...for the TFSi and other engines running a MAF,the downside is that any oil that escapes from the filter and into the intake piping can coat the MAF,and lead to a lot of stuff sticking to it.

Reactions: sliced
Pipercross should be the ones to ask re oiling the filter.

I had a Pipercross filter system on one of my Cosworths,which was oiled,and only need a good clean in soapy water first,then to be dried,and sprayed with Pipercross' own oil spray can.

Now...for the TFSi and other engines running a MAF,the downside is that any oil that escapes from the filter and into the intake piping can coat the MAF,and lead to a lot of stuff sticking to it.

Thank you Alex, It appears that the procedure is similar. I have dropped pipercross a message and hopefully they will reply soon. I did try to do some research online regarding cleaning, but all the info on pipercross comes back on their panel filters.

Ideally I would like to attempt this by myself, as I would like to gain some hands-on experience, so i'm not too fussed on costs if I need to buy specific tools or equipment.

Reactions: S3Alex