1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

After removing airbox.

cawsey20 Jun 17, 2010

1. cawsey20

cawsey20 Member

Hi there,
    Have removed my airbox for the moment and replaced it with a new cone filter, my question is the plastic vacumme hose that comes of the side of the airbox. What do you do with it ?. Put a little filter on it ?, Any ideas would be grande cheers.

2. Welly

Welly VX220 SC Driver :)

Yeah, it's only for the Secondary Air Injecton system.

Slap a little filter on there. If you're stuck for a temp fix, make a temp filter out of a pair of tights and a cable tie until you can get a pukka one.

3. cawsey20

cawsey20 Member

Sweet dude , going to have to mod a little one to fit i guess .

4. wibble111

wibble111 needs to scratch the itch

Another top tip there from our resident blue peter boy :thumbsup:

5. cawsey20

cawsey20 Member

Lol seems like a quality fix to me :p . Any idea on sizes ?,
    Just measured and its like 2.3 cm :S. Im guessing if i get a 25mm one that should squeeze in ?.

6. Welly

Yeah, otherwise just trim to fit..... I'd love to say 'Here's one I made earlier' right about now.....

7. cawsey20

cawsey20 Member

Lol, Just been looking around neck id im guessing is what im looking for . So ( neck id : 25mm ) sorry to be a dumb ass but that could mean a number of things lol.
    Bloody hell i think cheap ebay one here im not paying 20 quid for a decent one when it doesn't do anything .
    This is where you tell me an expensive one is vital !.

8. Welly

Not in the slightest. Use any of the ebay ones, they should be fine.

9. cawsey20

cawsey20 Member

Cheers buddy !.

10. Alex C

Alex C Well-Known Member VCDS Map User Audi S3

Any specific dernier in mind Welly?

11. cawsey20

cawsey20 Member

Ordered a 12mm one as thats what the guy recommend it will probs be wrong lol but owell worth a punt for 6 notes.

12. S3 TAM

S3 TAM Pocket now empty

Alright Cawsey20,

What Cone did you put on there, Im looking for one, but can't see to find one I like.......
    I don't want to be sucking in to much hot air from the block. I see cold air feed ones on ebay that look like you shove it behind the fog lights. but not sure.

Cheers

13. cawsey20

cawsey20 Member

( s3 baby ), Ive just got a shitty one on there for the moment, Im going BMC or similar soon something with a nice cold air feed,
    I still have more cold air going to it than my mates turbo civic does lol. Seems to be a nice lot of space in the s3 engine bay over that side :D.