Advice needed - 1.9tdi S-Line Black Edition

alexoc

Reaction score
I've been looking for a face lift A3, preferably S-Line, tdi priced around the 12 - 13k mark for a while now, without intergalactic miles, obviously they are few and far between at that money so I had more or less resigned myself to getting a sport model.
But recently I found this - 2008 AUDI A3 1.9 TDI SPORT 5DR BLACK EDITION S LINE LED XENONS
Seems very well priced considering the miles/spec?

Couple of questions, I thought all the facelift 1.9 tdi cars were running the newer tdi-e engines, but this appears to have the older (higher emissions) engine??
Anybody have any experience dealing with the company selling the car, good/bad?
Is it maybe too cheap for a BE, could be some history attached to this particular car? Although it says HPI clear.

Any info much appreciated guys, many thanks.

Alex

Hi Alex,

The car above wouldnt be a Black Edition as they only came out in 2009 and the engines were 1.8T, 2.0T & 2.0TDI (140 & 170).
The new 1.6tdi i think was fazed in late 2009 early 2010. I'd ask for the reg number and do a quick search to see what model it brings up. Most likely just an s-line or sport model. If im honest i'd hold out and get a bigger engine.

yeah the price does look v low considering the millage and being a BE, i would definately be wary...

Hmmm, thanks guys, I thought something was amiss alright.
The flat bottom steering wheel had me thinking it might be a genuine BE, as it is quite an expensive retro fit.
Pity, nice looking car, will keep searching for the time being.

This was another option, any opinions on if it looks like good value etc. - 2008 AUDI A3 1.9 TDI S Line
Again a facelift but not a tdi-e...?

I'd suspect its Cat D tbh, although they should tell you that...

It has the white DIS also.
No such thing as a bargain(or a 1.9 BE), especially from a garage!
Brakes are far too small to be a genuine BE.
Looks like someone has fixed up a 1.9 SB with BE bits from another damaged one.
To the untrained eye, looks the part tho.

i looked at this was gonna call up but milage and owners are a worry especally the price from a small dealer.

get a sport back and save yourself a major pain in the *** when you decide to change. i am changing my 3door after speding a fortune on it and i have had it a year.