A4 Cab 3.0

woddle1000

Reaction score
been on here for a while now, don't seem to see too many people posting with an A4 cab 3.0? am I one of the few who was daft enough to buy one of these?
seems to be fairly slow for a 3 litre too, anyone got any tips/tricks to speed up without hammering the mpg? anyone with any comments or opinions about the car?

When I was looking for mine, I couldn't see much available for the 3 litre model. So I just got the more tuneable 1.8t sport instead.

yep, seems to come across that alot, , not sure if I am just used to going faster but I would expect more from a 3.0 though,

not sure to be honest, it says on the VRD's that its 2006?

I also have a cab 3.0 but also own an A4 1.8 turbo, I agree they are 2 different cars in performance, the 1.8 is very much tuneable because of it's turbo but that's the major downfall of the 3.0 ....there is no turbo If there was a turbo available for the 3.0 that would be one wild car I believe there is no turbo upgrade but if there was I would def have one

And by the way the cab 3.0 is the best bullet proof engine for the cabs 1.8 is tuneable but not bullet proof

thanks for the info, I was just looking at cam belt change as its on 60 000 now, have you had yours done? how much was it? you had any other tips/tricks/problems with the 3.0?

I love my 3.0 TDi TDV, out performs most petrol cars by a mile.

Although this is obviously a TDi