A4 1.8 97 parcel shelf

• Thread starter imported_Bradley
  • Start date
I

imported_Bradley

i have an audi A4 1.8 97 model. Does anyone know how to remove (or take out) the parcel shelf. Its stuck in and i cannot get to the speakers. Any help??

i'll explain it in words and then get pics for it later.

These instructions was how i got the shelf out of my 99.5 A4, so it might work for the 97 but i'm not sure.

Lay the rear seats down, there are 10 circular openings in the frame underneith. it should be the first openings closest to the rear seats. there should be 3 white tabs poping from the shelf through the inside of the frame. 2 of the tabs are visible just by looking up through a hole but there is one in the middle between the 5 and 6 hole. All you have to do is just push up.
Afte that you should be able to push up the shelf a little bit but then notice that the rear of the shelf won't lift up. There are 3 black tabs holding the rear of the shelf in place. What you have to do for that is try and lift up the shelf and slide the shelf out fromthe black place holding tabs. That is just abot it, installing it back is just reverse from removeal. I'll post up some pictures later from better directions.

that would be great if you had some pictures.

"Lay the rear seats down,"

the rear seats don't come down. di i have to remove them? I have already done that.

the seats dont fold down. they are attached. i can remove them tho just takes a few more screws.

[ QUOTE ]
excursion said:
HAHA No way! It'd have you removing the oil filter and changing the bulb in the ashtray or something /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I love the way it tells you in, say, chapter 12 on wheel alignment or something, to "Begin by removing engine, as described in Chapter three". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif

[ QUOTE ]
excursion said:
LMAO "Refitting is reversal of the removal procedure" argghh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nah they're alright, sometimes there are a few mistakes though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Shame they don't cover the V6 models...or the Quattros for that matter. Sigh......

[ QUOTE ]
excursion said:
I have all the Audi tech documents, so give me a shout if you need help.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice one! I should be sorting out that pic of the engine bay at the weekend. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

i have done it. Thanks for the help. Does anyone know what size the front speakers are?

and how to get at them?

Front speakers are 4" (halfords sell a 5.25" adapter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif )

Theres a couple of screws at the top of the outside edges of the doors, and one screw in the hand grip thing. once the hand grip screw is undone, the plasitc piece needs to be removed (downwards), and theres a screw hidden by that.

Once all the screws are undone, just lift the door card (being careful to remove the wiring as you do it)

Snail do you know if halfords still sell them their website doesnt seem to have any stock of them if not anywhere else? thanks