A3 Sportsback Lead Time

Lion Man

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, new to this can somebody help?

I have just recently bought a new MY10 Condor Grey A3 Sportsback S-Line (140 Diesel) with just a few essential options: -:drool:

1. RNS-E
  2. Xenons with DRL
  3. AMI
  4. Vienna Leather
  5. Acoustic Parking System Plus
  6. Electrically Folding Mirrors
  7. Tyre Pressure Monitor
  8. Light and Rain Sensor Pack
  9. Rear Side Airbags
  10. Cruise Control
  11. Interior Light Pack
  12. Through Load System
  13. Bluetooth
  14. Heated Front Seats
I ordered the car on the 23rd June and as yet I still have not recieved a build date from the dealer. Does anybody know how long you need to wait before the dealer issues you with a build date? Also does anybody know what the current lead time is for this model?

I can't wait to get my new car and I am getting very impatient with the dealer.

Thanks in advance,

Lionman

Hello Lionman

i THINK its usually 2-3 weeks after you place the order a build date is given, but i might be wrong. Im sure someone else has a much more accurate answer, or do a search on the forum, has been many discussions like this in the past.

Well spec'd audi there mate! congrats;)

I forgot to mention the new car is a Stronic if that makes any difference.

I ordered a 3 door at the same time as you. Can't rememder the build date but can remember the delivery dat. End of Sept/Start of Oct :crying:

When I ordered my new Sportback back in February the total delivery time was 10 weeks. Mine also has s-tronic but I don't think the options make any difference as each car is built to order.

It may well be a couple of weeks more because the Audi plants tend to close for two weeks in August for the annual holiday. Don't know if they will be closing for any longer this year because of the situation in the car market in general. Germany's own 'scrappage' scheme seems to have made a big difference to it's home market so Audi may not be so affected as some other makers

I ordered mine end of July last year - I was told there would be quite a delay for S-Tronic, the actual build week was mid-Oct and I picked the car up early November.

I think the biggest delay is getting a slot allocated for the build week which is dealer specific (I guess they share out the available slots across all countries and then dealerships).

Once a build week is allocated then it should be a smooth process and you should receive the car max 1 month after it's built.

Enjoy the car - really spoilt yourself with the options there! :icon_thumright:

I was told by dealer and online broker, if I ordered one now, it 'should' be ready in 12 weeks minimum, so October time. But expect it in November realistically! I'm 'almost' ready to place an order myself (I prefer white, wife prefers black = stalemate) lol :banghead:

I've been hearing high delivery dates at the moment, Audi seem to be doing well, but are not ramping up production just yet, Oct/Nov should be fair, whereas I order mine on 23 March and got it 9 weeks and a day after that, which is very Quick and I have S3 Sportback Stronic.

but whether it's 10 or 15 weeks, the last week is the longest :yes:

Very nice spec you've gone for there Lionman - no wonder you cant wait to get her!

I placed my order at the end of May - The dealer checked an online spreadsheet from the production line and the times had jumped to 19 weeks for a 1.8 sportback stronic. Depending on production batches I'd say you are looking at Nov delivery so expect a call from your dealer with a build date early Oct

Discussions with a dealer this week suggest November delivery for a July order.

Do you get MY10 by default if it needs building?

Whats new on the MY10 over MY09?

Discussions with a dealer this week suggest November delivery for a July order.

Do you get MY10 by default if it needs building?

Whats new on the MY10 over MY09?

Any car built after 1 June 2009 will be to 2010MY specification. Also Audi always build each car to order so there are no production batch times to worry about.

I've seen the A3 production line at Ingolstadt and you can have different spec models with different engines and gearboxes, different colours and for different markets follow each other down the line. The computer system that controls the production just ensures that the correct components are delivered to the correct place to be fitted as necessary.

Just ordered my A3 Sportback Black Edition...delivery date 1st March 2011!!!!! :crying:

I have heard a rumour that the A3 production line is being stopped for an unspecified time and being redeployed to make the A1.

Not sure how true that is, but may lead to VERY extended lead times for delivery of new A3's

I knew about the silly BE lead times, but I was told the 'normal' A3s were OK? The stealers I ordered from 3 weeks ago have been very helpfully updating me with the latest status on my car - system being upgraded, no access, no build date....

I was told October so I'm expecting November.

I have heard a rumour that the A3 production line is being stopped for an unspecified time and being redeployed to make the A1.

Not sure how true that is, but may lead to VERY extended lead times for delivery of new A3's

What is properbly happening is in connection with the Audi plant in Brussels. When Audi took this plant over from Volkswagen they used it to produce some A3s before everything was ready for it to be changed over to production of the new A1. I assume that it is now being used solely for the new A1 with all A3 production being returned to Ingolstadt.

I ordered my A3 back in May, I've been told a provisional build date of the 29th Aug a few weeks ago. The salesman called today saying he should have access to the new software by next week so will update me with more accurate dates soon.

Just to give you guys an idea of the lead times earlier in the year:

Ordered Sportback S-Line 170bhp S-tronic
Metallic Ice Silver
Black Vienna Leather
Heated Seats
Comfort Pack
Symphony 6 disc
Interior Light Pack

Order placed 14th Feb 2010
Build Week 14
Car delivered to dealer 23rd April 2010
Car handed over to us 30th April 2010

Not bad considering we were originaly told mid June 2010....

Spoke to a dealer yesterday , told me to expect delivery sometime in November . He expected it to go 'build confirmed' mid-September .