A3 quattro TDI front brakes, conversion to 312mm?

A19quattro

Reaction score
Does anyone know what parts are needed to convert the above car (55 plate) to 312mm front discs. The 170 TDIs come with them as standard and they look very similar, just the discs are bigger, sure there's more to it than that but trying to find out what would br=e needed?

Pads calipers and dist shields are the same

Carriers and disc are different dont have part numbers but there are a few cars with 312 discs. Golf gti, tdi170 ,maybe even a 2.0tfsi 200bhp so carriers shouldn't be hard to source.

That's what I was hoping to hear, looking at a 170 the dust shields look the same, the calipers look the same but just thought, you never know! So when I do my brakes if I can get hold of teh carriers and buy new discs (312mm) and pads, that should be me with a relatively simple 312 mm brake upgrade, cool I like it.

That's what I was hoping to hear, looking at a 170 the dust shields look the same, the calipers look the same but just thought, you never know! So when I do my brakes if I can get hold of teh carriers and buy new discs (312mm) and pads, that should be me with a relatively simple 312 mm brake upgrade, cool I like it.
Did you have much luck with this? Is it just a disc upgrade? or did you need new callipers too?

Funny, i have my full set of brakes from my 2.0 tfsi laying around if anyone wants them for a good price?! :D

I need them sold, now that im homeless... lol I STILL HAVE MY CAR!

But seriously, give me a shout if so.