A3 due its service

Reaction score
Hi I was just wondering as my A3 is due a service, what will need doing as its just passed the 50k mark.
Will it be a major service with cambelt e.t.c.

I bought my A3 at 52k. I had a cambelt change and water pump. The water pump is only a few quid, whereas the fitting is a lot more. its economical to get them done together. (the cambelt is normally 70k or 5 years). I also had a service and a brake fluid change. The mechanic told me Audi A3's benefit from good brake fluid, so i had it done.
Thats it for a year.

Hmm - I like these games. Give us a clue - what engine is it? How old is it? What has been done on it already? Did it come with a service book? Etc etc

If it did come with the service book I suggest you start by looking there, coz it's all listed! I did mine yesterday - takes all of a few minutes to figure what needs doing & when, including when Audi recommend doing a cambelt change (different for different engines).

Get reading! :readit:

Hi I was just wondering as my A3 is due a service, what will need doing as its just passed the 50k mark.
Will it be a major service with cambelt e.t.c.

As said, need a bit more info that you have given...

Hi sorry its a 56 plate 2.0 TDI 140 it has been serviced by audi every 2 years from new the last time being 2 years ago and the reminder has started counting down on the DIS. Cambelt has not been changed yet and I bought the car with 42k on it.

There you are then! Paul_R says cambelt on 5 years or 70k, so up to you as yours is at least 4 1/2 years old on the 56 plate & if you're only taking it in every 2 years, it'll be well past that at the next service.

So it's brake fluid, filters, oil & possibly new coolant (the one thing I couldn't find any mention of in my service booklet, so replacement every 4-5 years seemed ok to me). And there was something else in the booklet for diesels, but I didn't pay much attention as it's not relevant to me.

And most on here would say that it's best to use fixed interval servicing just to put fresh oil in it every 12 months rather than letting it go for 2 Years. Your choice...