A3 back out as a daily

Tracking done this morning and while there they tweaked a exhaust heat shield that was vibrating
All done and drives perfect... no more jobs planned now until next week

Christmas Eve wash... not in use for a few days now

Before

After

Made a offer on these this morning via eBay
He accepted my £300 offer

Need a good clean up and some fresh paint ( red ) and new decals

Brembos have arrived... gonna test fit them first to double check everything fits then pull them back off for a repaint in red...
Will order up some fresh stickers and clear coat the calipers once the new stickers are fitted

After 2 half days in the garage the new lights are finally up and wired in...

Oh there bright!!! Much better to work in there now

Still need to board the ceiling out
Possibly add a few more lights at the back but overall made up with them

Now I can get on with fitting the Brembos

Can anyone tell me if the hoses supplied with the LCR Brembos I purchased fit to the existing brake pipes?

Just added 4 more lights in the garage, so that's 11 x 4ft lights on the ceiling, 5 x 4ft & 2 x 2ft on the walls

Pretty bright in there now...

I'm loving the most important part of Audi ownership is good visibility in a workshop.

Reactions: Slammedorion
Upgraded the Alpine headunit over weekend, fitted a newer version with Bluetooth, etc

Not 100% happy with the gap in the a-post to headlining caused by the hands free mic, but it's as best can be without drilling for now

Sounds well enough, I've used the Alpine TuneIt app for a quick A3 set up and tweaked a few bits, it's all hooked up to 4 x 6 1/2 inch components, with tweeters... there amp'd up via a 4 channel Pioneer Amp
There's also a 12 inch Jbl sub powered via another amp, and I think the factory sub is still wired in too from memory

So good too see another A3 in such excellent condition. Clean examples are indeed becoming rare.

When I did mine I took off the interior light and took out the light above the drivers sun visor and just pulled back the drivers door rubber next to the A pillar.Used a length of mains earth cable and threaded it into the hole above the sun visor and it came out at the top of the gap where the door rubber is,then just taped the mike to the cable and pulled it out through the hole above the sun visor then did the same from the interior light to the hole above the sun visor,didn't need to remove the A pillar trim.

I think I did have to cut a bit of the holder for the OEM mike in the interior light to get my bluetooth mike to fit.My bluetooth is only a cheap Motorola one but people can here me fine when using it with the mike in that position.

Thats how I done mine I also had to cut a bit out aswell

Finished fitting a new seal kit to the Brembos tonight supplied by Bigg Red
Everything has gone well, ( no pics sorry )
Just need to get the last bits of old paint off the calipers and then it's time for some fresh paint finally

Just booked Audis in the park... decided it's about time I did a few shows with this

Progress is slow on the Brembos but still going in the right direction
Put alittle primer on one, still wants a few little bits nibbing but it's not far off some colour going on...

Just booked Audis in the park... decided it's about time I did a few shows with this

Progress is slow on the Brembos but still going in the right direction
Put alittle primer on one, still wants a few little bits nibbing but it's not far off some colour going on...

Great to hear you'll be joining us at AITP

Make sure you add your name to the list of attendees :) http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...k-corby-northamptonshire.304291/?share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last week I had to change a hid ballast due to working as and when it felt like it... so outed the 6000k 35w ers and fitted some 6000k 55w ers...
Was a bumper off job as I don't like the clutter on show under the bonnet
Dipped beam is now white, previously had a blue tinge
Over the weekend I've washed and hoovered it, also added another coat of Blackfire all finish paint protection via hand

A few pics taken this morning

Reactions: JOSE8LT
Finally got the Brembos in etch primer and today they had a good few coats of Red
Will let them harden off over this week, then reflat them to get them extra smooth for a final top coat. Once done I'll fit the new stickers and lacquer them

Reactions: IPG
i like your your caliper holder hahahaha

can get to all sides + do both at once!!!!

Did you rebuild the seals/pistons at all? when i finally do mine i would like to do that...

New seals from Bigg Red was less than £30 as the originals were perished
Pistons all looked good

Looks super clean good work!!
What suspension set up are running as it sits great!!??

Hi there this looks super clean good work!!

What suspension you running as it sits so well matey??!!

Looks super clean good work!!
What suspension set up are running as it sits great!!??

Cheers
Think there Apex shocks and Pi springs?
Was lowered along time ago now...
I'm sure the fronts are A3 40mm and the rears are Leon 45mm-50mm
It drives lovely on them

All painted, stickered up and lacquered
New bleed nipples in the post, just gotta pick some pads up now

Also Whizzed over the paintwork with some Poorboys BH, Blackfire AFPP, and a coat of wax

While I was painting the calipers yesterday between drying I had a few spare hours to play

I added alittle Poorboys black hole, 2 coats of Blackfire all finish paint protection, and a coat of Blackfire wax
Was all done in the garage yesterday and I never got the chance to roll it out...
Pulled it out this morning before the misses went work...
Oh nice...