A3 and S3 Parts sharing

xav930

Reaction score
Hi,

Im new to this forum and am repairing my 2010 5 door audi S3 from a crash (which has sadly rolled on its o/s)

The Main parts I need repairing are:
>> n/s front wing
>> o/s front wing
>> front bumper
>> n/s front door
>> n/s rear door
>> wheels
>> radiators
>> front lights
>> intercooler
>> airbags

Im wondering which of those parts can be taken off an A3 or other models that will fit/do the job.

thanks everyone and its such a beast of a ride until the accident happened.
xav930

You can use everything of a 2009+ a3 apart from the radiators and intercooler.

It's going to cost you a fair few £££ though

Good luck

Front bumper and grill are S3 specific.... Think fog lights are standard across the range.

As b19ctr has said they're all interchangeable between a3/s3 except rad/ intercooler also the bumper and rims are different of course.

I paid the following from ebay 2nd hand.

£150 for 2 x wings, £500 headlamps complete, £170 bumper skin only (complete will be about £350-400).

I see door skins going for £75-100, wheels £500 I'd say, rad £100, intercooler £200-£250 I'm not sure what airbags you need but about £500 should do them all.

I reckon about £2500 absolute max for those bits second hand.

Thankyou very much everyone.
another quick question, is there any difference between the 3dr and the 5dr for the parts (especially the bumpers and the front door)?

the responds have been greatly useful otherwise i'd spend a lot more than i'll. nevertheless the garage is saying its going to be close to 10k in repair as it needs slight jigging as well :(

another quick question, is there any difference between the 3dr and the 5dr for the parts (especially the bumpers and the front door)?

the responds have been greatly useful otherwise i'd spend a lot more than i'll. nevertheless the garage is saying its going to be close to 10k in repair as it needs slight jigging as well :(

Everything is different from the A post back between 3 and 5 door

To replace the passenger airbag you need to replace the whole dashboard, that should be interesting!

Good grief was it not insured?

I was thinking the same Steve...

it was on 3rd party only and i skidded on ice

thankfully no one was hurt and all is left is the repairing to do. I like it so much that im not too keen on scrapping it.

As you say mate, luckily no one was hurt and your about to fix it up again ;)

Another quick question, is it possible to use a standard non drl light and replace all its inside bits with the drl one?

this is because the screw holes on my drl lights bracket broke and cant justify 500quid for this tiny problem.

cheers

im sure you can buy a repair kit for them.

well at the moment I'm planning to make a mount to hold it in place but it will be obvious when the bonnet is open. the brackets are part of the case cover though...

well at the moment I'm planning to make a mount to hold it in place but it will be obvious when the bonnet is open. the brackets are part of the case cover though...

The repair kit direct from Audi costs about £14 per headlight.