A productive day despite the British summer!!

gary3306

VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Seeing as I couldn't clean the car today, I thought I'd use my time wisely in other areas. As follows;

Bumper off and onto my service trolley
WP_000135.jpg

WP_000136.jpg

S-Line grille off
WP_000137.jpg

RS4 grille on :rockwoot:
WP_000138.jpg

Carbon wrapped plate holder added, along with new number plate holders
WP_000139.jpg

And back on the car
WP_000140.jpg

....and an outside shot (between showers)
WP_000141.jpg

So, very pleased with the result. Just need my new headlights now and I think I'll leave the front alone then.

Right, I suppose I'd better get on with painting the upstairs woodwork (which I was supposed to be doing whilst she's at work). Well, while the cat's away......

Last edited:
looking good

Nice mate! It's the subtle things that always seem to make the big difference.

The LCR splitter is so versatile as well! ;)

Looks amazing, Gary! Really loving the RS4 grille and your sweet little carbon touches. Cracking job!! :yum:

Nice Work.

Let us know how to achieve this style...looks wicked.

Firstly - where do you get the mesh from
Secondly - is it quiet easy to do??

Thanks in advance.

Nice Work.

Thanks in advance.

The mesh and surround which you'll see is originally chrome on the normal grille is Matt / satin silver on the rs4 one comes as a complete unit I believe, then it's just a case of fitting that whole 2 piece section to the bumper.

Nice Work.

Thanks in advance.

This is the mesh I used for the fog surrounds.

HIGH QUALITY RS4 PLASTIC RACE MESH, GRILLE, VENT on eBay (end time 12-Jun-11 21:36:28 BST)

As Az says, the RS4 grille comes as one, with the brushed ally surround and the '4 rings'. Just a straight swap (as long as you have an S-Line bumper and not an SE or DTM bumper)

The fog surrounds are wee wee to do. They just pull out and you dremmel your mesh to size and clag it in with some silicone. The grille is a bit more involved because, as the pictures suggest, the bumper has to come off. Go on, do it ;)

Last edited:
That looks good and not costing the earth ;)

, the RS4 grille comes as one, with the brushed ally surround and the '4 rings'. Just a straight swap (as long as you have an S-Line bumper and not an SE or DTM bumper)
you can also get the RS4 grill with black surround
and wait till i post a pic of my dtm bumper up complete with OEM rs4 grill its mtth they dont fit !