a minor mishap

a4singh

Reaction score
i was at alton towers yesterday, n my mrs (being the forceful 'person' she is) made me go on the nemisis ride (against my will). once on there, she asked me for her lip balm (she didnt want to carry her bag so i had to stiuck everything in my pockets). by the time i gave it to her, the ride had started (at this time i was shi**ing myself) and had forgetten to do my zip pocket up.... u know what happens next, my alarm key falls out n is never to be seen again. i had to get towed all the way back from alton towers, back to maidenhead (quite a fair trek) via lesta to drop the mrs off at her home. now i dont know what to do, cus i have no alarm key (it was a cobra aftermarket one) n no way of starting the car up! all i have is the immobiliser key but dont have a clue where that goes!!!! anyway, im a bit stuck, not that it cant be fixed, jsut gonna cost a lot, n take a lot of time up! bit ****** off with myself about losing hte keys but hey, nothing i can do now...

just thought id tell u how much of a wonderful day at alton towers i had!

:sadlike:

A long shot - but does you insurance cover you for lost keys?

You should have a spare fob with any aftermarket alarm, alternatively there should be an override inside the car, mine has a keypad, which overrides the immobiliser. The immobiliser key sounds like the same sort of thing so search around under the dash for where to insert it.
Who on earth carries their alarm fob seperate to the car keys? Just asking for trouble, the keys would have weighted it down and they wouldn't have fallen out.

yeh the immobiliser key is that, but dont know where it goes,will have to check it out... they alarm fob was with tthey keys, but my pocket was short n unzipped! oh well, no point in crying over spilt milk now...

i just went out to the car n checked, ive overridden the immobiliser n started the car. need to go get a couple of keys cut from audi and a new remote for the alarm... called a few shops n they all sed that cobra isnt all that any more n they dont stock it..