uprated springymajig

AARON77

Reaction score
Wile at inters i quized a guy who was on the forge stand about the chatter noise being produced by some the cars going up the 1/4, he told me that was down to an uprated spring in the dv, he asasked me if i had my car mapped to atleast stage 2 as if not i would damage the car???? is this true ??? if not wat are the noticeble differences if any on a stage 1 mapped s3

Last edited:
uprated spring in a forge dv could cause the chatter as the valve wouldnt be able to respond fast enough, hence chatter as the boost goes through the turbo backward and causes the chatter

you may need the uprated spring on a stage 2 car etc to hold extra boost back

but would this do any damage to the turbo and im guesing i would compromise the power that i have buy doing this????

in theory it would cause damage to the turbo, but i have a friend (who left my driveway 20 minutes ago) that took off their DV 18 months ago and blanked both holes, ie no dv at all, no diverter, nothing. total compressor surge every time they lift off, for 18 months, with a remap too. fantastic fluttering and choo choo sounds and no dead turbo

so the risk is yours tbh

any gains in power from blanking the dv?so did he block the dv and fit it back on the car wat did he use??? excuse my ignorance just trying to learn more???

nothing to gain at all, unless the old one was leaking i suppose

they just took the DV off and blocked the two holes left behind. her dv had died anyway and she liked the sound that much (really not joking..)

If you ar suffering with compressor stall then the spring is too hard, you need a softer spring. I think the green is the softer one, and you prob have the yellow one fitted. I wouldnt expect it to make any difference to power going softer (oo err mrs) as the boost pressure being generated will not be able to push the DV open to leak boost

Edit, more info leached from another post

Green - 5-15 PSI
Yellow - 15-23 PSI
Blue - 23-30 PSI
Red - 30 + PSI

Last edited: