Cheap servicing at Audi

this isnt just oil ****** in the turbo, they even bake oil onto the base of the sump, an area continuously submerged in oil.

ive not yet seen an AVS car, with reasonable mileage, with a clean engine. have you? the pre AVS cars are much cleaner and that obviously has a direct bearing on how the engine is going to last.

as for the wrong oil being used? as far as i know there was only one grade/spec specificed for AVS. 5w30 longlife, vw504 (or whatever it was)

Something which seems have been missed here.... 12 Monthly/10,000 mile changes will be better for the life of the engine I agree - just common sense if you use the correct oil. However... the point I'm trying to make is that I do not agree that AVS is the SOLE cause of sludge issues in 1.8Ts when using the CORRECT oil.

When I went BT on my Octy vRS (which was on AVS) at 82K miles the engine was fine. No burnt on crud etc that you mention. However I looked after my engine and didn't welly it from the get go, and always allowed a cool down period after heavy usage.

This is an e-mail I received from Audi Huddersfield as I enquired about the Major Service and this is what it covers and priced up: -

Dear Faz,

With regards to your full service,

This includes

Oil change
Oil filter
Pollen filter
Fuel filter
1 litre of screenwash
Sump drain plug
Brake checks
Suspension checks
Tyre check
All lights
All levels
Electric diagnosis

Total price is £343.63 and includes parts, labour and VAT

Any further questions or information please email me
regards

Customer Advisor - VWG

But I've been quoted £249 at Audi Doncaster so will take it there next week and will confirm that the above is to be done before they touch it.

My car's had avs servceing all its life, however the owner only did about 4 to 6k between services, and it was always done before 24 months, seems they tended to have it done on the 16 month mark everytime, Will be getting it back to yearly services though, the purest in me prefers the idea of yearly services then 2 year services. Considering i paid 320 at vauxhall to get my old astra serviced, audi prices are cheap! Well audi doncaster are it seems...way ay doncaster here i come!