8P S3 15k... worth it?

I guess the only thing I would worry about would be when you came to sell . . . you'd be over the 90-100k mark in no time, doing 8-10k a year.

Whats the average price for an 8P, does a bit more get you a facelift or lower milage? If its what your after then go for it, personnely if I had 15k to spend on a car I dont think id be looking at an S3, mind you im not sure id ever spend 15k on a car since becoming a home owner.

LOL.

Well it was worth asking about, so I did. Called up the guy and asked about trading mine in. He came back to me very quickly and was very helpful, but talk about an insult to my intelligence.

He offered me 5k for mine. So in three months, 2,700 loss. I asked him if he would put the car on the forecourt at 5k and he said "no probably £7,500". Basically told him I was ending the convo there and did so (politely).

To give him his due, very quickly came back to me with all the info, but talk about a **** take!

LOL.

Well it was worth asking about, so I did. Called up the guy and asked about trading mine in. He came back to me very quickly and was very helpful, but talk about an insult to my intelligence.

He offered me 5k for mine. So in three months, 2,700 loss. I asked him if he would put the car on the forecourt at 5k and he said "no probably £7,500". Basically told him I was ending the convo there and did so (politely).

To give him his due, very quickly came back to me with all the info, but talk about a **** take!

I dont see a problem with the trade in price, 5k seems pretty fair to be honest, its a trade in price, do you really expect to get what you paid for it or what you'd sell it for?

I dont see a problem with the trade in price, 5k seems pretty fair to be honest, its a trade in price, do you really expect to get what you paid for it or what you'd sell it for?

No, but I don't expect a dealer to tell me 3k less than I paid 3 months ago, and then to be stupid enough to tell me that he'd put it on his forcourt at 7.5k . . .

If the new car came down to 13k with 5k trade in, then fine. But 15k no budge with a 5k trade in, when we could all very easily go out blind and sell the car at 2k more with no bother at all - that takes the ****.

yeah 5k is a fair trade in, as they have to provide warrenty etc. Trade is more for convienence tho.

I have no idea on the values of 8p's, but in comparison to what my bros bmw cost, i think 15k is good

I can't understand how a wash, typing up an advert, taking some photos and sticking it on a website etc is 2.5ks worth of bother (not directed at you, Sportstractor, just at that point).

I can't understand how a wash, typing up an advert, taking some photos and sticking it on a website etc is 2.5ks worth of bother (not directed at you, Sportstractor, just at that point).

yeah i know what you mean, I would never trade in myself. But for some people with so called busy lifestyle have better things to do, or simple cant be bothered, and the convience of just handing over your car then having another one, without a period without a car or trouble of selling.

The dealer has to then make on it, so i can see why they only offer 5k.

When dealers start banging on about "we'll give you this much for your car" and "we'll sell this car to you for this much" I go deaf.
....and then I say "i've got my car plus this amount of money to spend.... deal or no deal???"

When dealers start banging on about "we'll give you this much for your car" and "we'll sell this car to you for this much" I go deaf.
....and then I say "i've got my car plus this amount of money to spend.... deal or no deal???"

Precisely. If not move on.

Fair points sportstractor. Colleague use to be in the motortrade many moons ago. He sniffed and said the guy was weeding out the interested parties and those just dipping their toes in. Clear that with me being 200 miles away and arguing about the trade in showed I wasn't that serious . . .

The dealer has overheads to cover, hence why he has to make a profit on his sales, when you sell your car the profit is all yours, when the trader sells a car a percentage of that sale covers his overheads, i.e. staff and facilities. If you were trading in a car that he could shift quickly then you may get a better price, he's more than likely to ship your S3 straight off to BCA to get his money back quick and he'll probably only get the 5k back. The longer he has the car on his forecourt the more it costs him.

sorry but an 8P S3 for that price is very cheap...you cant find a decent one for less than 20k...ive looked!!
trade a 20k S3 does not have 5k profit in it, thats Renault rpofit levels....it simply does not happen like that

And if the dealer has that kind of thinking for those profit margins then I dread to think how much he paid for the 8P !

damn right, cheapest i could find on my first look was 18k and that had galactic mileage...... i wouldnt have touched that with a barge pole